December 27, 2012

On Christmas Eve we had some friends of ours from Nibley over for our annual Cornish hens dinner. It was amazing and the kids had a lot of fun playing with their kids and decorating little Christmas trees (sugar cones). After that we let the kids open their annual Christmas Eve present- jammies :)
 The girls got princess jammies and I didn't even notice until they got them on that Scott and Jay matched too :)
 Santa had to be extra sneaky this year because the kids rooms were right down the hallway!
 I had Kevin sleep downstairs so he could catch any escapers, but Scott still managed to sneak out before the rest of us. We made them wait until 6:30 and then downstairs we all went to check out what Santa brought
 Jay chilling with his buddy :)
 Santa brought Ari a pink game pad
 Hailey "Doc McStuffins"
And Scott a new car lego set- he wasted no time! :)
 He also brought Jay a tub to bath in and they all got a big box of art supplies.
Hailey has recently taken interest in sewing, so Santa put a little starter sew kit in her stocking. She has already made a little ladybug message carrier
 Then we went upstairs and had a big breakfast and everyone watched the Christmas Disney parade on tv while I fed Jay (perfect way to stretch out the day!)
Back downstairs about 9:30 to open presents :)
This year I told Kevin instead of handing each kid a present and taking turns, I would ask who wanted to go first and that person would be the first to pass out the gifts they got and wrapped themselves.
 
It was great because they were soooo excited to give each family member their present. They each took a turn not receiving a gift either while they passed them out and I think it meant a lot more that way. Hailey was so excited for Dad to open what she got him- a little microwave for his office! lol I know, weird but he already has a fridge and still manages to miss lunch because he doesn't have time to heat it up in the breakroom...so now he can heat it up right there in his office- Hailey had fun wrapping it up for him.
 Kevin got Jay a bumbo :) 4 kids and we've never had one of these. Jay loves it already.
 The girls favorite presents were "Princess and the Popstar" movie, dolls and microphone. They went crazy over those from Grandma and Grandpa
Ari has been walking around all day every day singing in this microphone (which also sings....and has no off switch- we've looked lol)
and they also got scooters...2 wheeled- big deal apparently :)
Jay opening his presents
The kids also got this fun trampoline from their Grammy! We set it up over the weekend and they have been having a blast
The kids played hard! We stayed in our jammies all day. It was a great day!
But my favorite Christmas present by far this year- this little guy right here!
I'm not just saying that either. I walked around the entire day just thinking about this little guy and how much I absolutely love him and am so glad I get to hold him and cuddle him and love him. I just felt immensely blessed all day for Kevin and for the kids and my family.
Hope you all had a great and Merry Christmas!