While on the subject of birthdays...I have had a lot of questions about why we don't do "friend" birthday parties. We do friend birthday parties. In fact Scott had one last year BUT #1 I just don't think they need to invite friends over to a party until they start going to school/kindergarten #2 they don't need to have one every year especially since we have 2 bdays in December and the last thing people want to do a week before Christmas is go to ANOTHER bday party and #3 I'm not going to lie...I think some parents only do friend birthday parties to get a ton of gifts (yep-I said it) and I'm not that mom. I don't like my kids getting tons of presents and will always encourage the friends to just come and have fun and not bring presents.
One other thing- I had maybe 2 or 3 friend birthday parties all growing up and I never missed out. My parents likealways made us feel really special on our birthdays-birthdays were huge around our house with just family and I loved it that way. I never felt I needed to have a big party with friends so I want my kids to have that same experience. I know...I know... Melanie I know you are with me on this one!! :)
One other thing- I had maybe 2 or 3 friend birthday parties all growing up and I never missed out. My parents likealways made us feel really special on our birthdays-birthdays were huge around our house with just family and I loved it that way. I never felt I needed to have a big party with friends so I want my kids to have that same experience. I know...I know... Melanie I know you are with me on this one!! :)
Scott turned 7 today! I can't believe it-crazy!
I kept teasing him this morning saying he wasn't 7 until 4:05 this afternoon. :)
He's getting so tall
such a handsome little guy!
I always let them pick ANY cake they want and try my best to make them proud. (I have stayed up many a nights trust me!) Scott said he wanted a transformer cake! What!? Optimus Prime to be exact! lol. After totally ruining Hailey's flower cake I didn't want to touch this one. Kevin is amazing. He has watched me spend hours upon hours decorating mediocre cakes and complimenting how nice they are all a while knowing he could do much better.
See. I give you Optimus Prime!
I made him his favorite breakfast - scrambled eggs, cinnamon toast and a fruit smoothie and then it was off to school. I brought him subway for lunch and Kevin met him there to sit and eat lunch with him at school. They even had the entire cafeteria of kids sing him happy birthday! (fun!) Then for dinner he wanted pizza and he's been doing so good reading at school he got a free personal pizza coupon. He said pizza was a good party food. (so cute) Then time to open up presents, which is really all that matters when you are this age.
I thought it was just adorable that he wanted to wear the birthday hat he got from school. That just makes a mom feel so happy when her boy is growing up...but still a little boy :) His teacher also had each kid in the class make a card for him which I thought was super sweet. One little girl had written "xoxoxoxoxo" all over the card and said she loved him because he was so nice. lol
He wanted bay blades which is the thing all the boys have at his school I guess. Here he is opening one from Aunt Candice ...so excited! lol
also got some legos, optimus prime transformer, nerf gun, and lots of cool stuff (his aunts and grandparents spoil him)
He also got his very first erector set (ahh..dad is so proud!)
which is just right up his ally for sure. Loved it!
Scott is such a sweet boy. He's always helping me when I ask him and he's always taking care of his little sisters....He loves to be the big brother. His favorite color lately is red. He loves green too. His favorite food I make is Asian chicken skewers (always beggin me to make them) and his favorite resturaunt is Texas Roadhouse. He can eat like 8 rolls ...not even joking. He still loves legos and building anything with his hands. Where does time go? Can't believe he's 7! Happy Birthday Budd!!
