Happy New Year!
We have a tradition (adopted from my side of the family) to have a fondue party for New Year's Eve. Not desserts, but a meat smorgasbord. We've been doing this every year and never miss...it's that good! :)
We invited our neighbors over who have 5 boys (3 of them the exact ages of Scott, Hailey and Ari) which gave me an excuse to get another fondue pot. I'm so excited we have 2 now which we will need as the kids get older. We did steak, chicken and shrimp in the fondue and had lots of sides too. It was sooo yummy. I was so glad their teenagers decided to come...actually they cancelled their plans with friends to come! We just had a blast eating all night and playing games while the little kids played down in the basement. I hate thinking about the kids getting older, especially becoming teenagers- But our neighbor boys made me actually have something to look forward to and they were so much fun.
We put the kids to bed at 11, which I felt bad about after the fact- because what's one more hour when it's already that late right? Kevin and I watched the ball drop at midnight and then a few neighbors had some fireworks going so we peeked out our backyard window and saw a small herd of deer! I counted about 13 of them! 2 bucks and 3 babies and the rest were doe. It was soooo awesome I couldn't believe it! I couldn't even stop staring to get my camera, but mark my words- I will catch them again! I will check every night if I have to :)