December 17, 2012

After crying on and off all night Friday night (like a lot of you) I woke up Saturday morning determined to spend every second of the day staring at and laughing with my kids. I always feel blessed to be their mom, and I count my blessings each day for all their cute little faces and goofy personalities- but even more especially after you know there are parents out there who got their most precious gifts taken from them early.

We woke up to snow. We didn't waste any time- I told them all to get on their snow gear and off we went to play in the snow. I spent my morning pulling these cuties around the yard in their sleds:)
I don't think I've ever been so sore in my life either! lol but it was worth it for sure to see their smiling faces! :)
And then there's this little cutie!
just can't get enough of him!
Then we came inside, had lunch and made and decorated sugar cookies. Then our neighbor came over and got them and wanted to give them rides on this little train he made. So much fun!
Fun day for sure.
I had to stop talking about what happened because it was making me and all my sisters seriously depressed, but my heart is still full and I am still praying for all those families. I agree we shouldn't give it any more attention, but at the same time something for sure needs to change in the schools. I walked into Scott's school today to bring him lunch for his birthday and I got from the parking lot through the school all the way to the cafeteria and nobody stopped me to ask where I was going or who I was. Crazy. Completely shocking. Something needs to change and people need to start demanding it or it won't.