December 9, 2012

Hailey turned 5 on Dec. 7th!
Since we didn't do a friend party, I let her pick out some decorations for our family party. Hailey had so much fun helping me decorate the dining room the night before...she was so excited
If you haven't noticed from the pictures lately, Hailey's new thing is crimping her hair...she loves it! Luckily I still have mine so we can :)
Little sister Ari had to get in on the picture taking :)
Just a pic before school.
So one thing Hailey wanted this year was to get her ears pierced. She has a cousin and some friends that got there's done years ago, but she always said she wasn't ready and wanted to be older. My feeling is when they are old enough to ask and understand, they can. So anyways this is a month or so ago and she hadn't talked once about it since. I was starting to get anxious about it so I was glad she didn't mention it and figured I had gotten my way :) So I pick her up from preschool and all her teachers are yelling, "Good luck getting your ears pierced today Hailey" ....so apparently she hadn't forgotten about it and had gone to preschool bragging all about it.
So off to the mall we went :) Here are a few pics I took with my phone
 She was so funny she would jump every time the girl moved or touched her. I had told her earlier that day that I got mine done when I was one year old. So she picked out these cute silver star studs and the girls were just about to do it and she says, "Mom...did it hurt when you were one?" lol then the girls said, "Okay Hailey we won't do it unless you say you want us to so tell us when you are ready." And Hailey (typical Hailey) said, "I've been ready. Do it" No tears or anything.  Happy girl.
 Another pic from my phone at Chikfila- her dinner choice.
 Then home for cake and present opening.
She begged Scott for a boy toy so he got her very first transformer :)
She ripped through her presents so fast and was so excited. This is such a typical Hailey right here. Screaming and being goofy and happy.
Hailey was our colic baby....I mean like screaming bloody murder for like 5 hours straight every night for 3 months. I always joke that she got all of it out of her then because she has been smiling and making us laugh every day since.
She brings so much joy and fun into our home.
after all the cute things she got like legos and a princess castle, she said her favorite presents were a jewelry making kit from our neighboring boys and this scrapbook kit from her cousin Mia (and Aunt Candice and Uncle Rick)
She loves to draw and create things. We go through tons of stickers and paper around here and she is pretty creative! She has a little book she keeps all her drawings in and then she will even have Kevin narrate each picture it's pretty cute.
Happy Birthday Hailey Babe! We love you!