October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!
Here's our week of Halloween Festivities...
 Scott the Knight
Hailey and Arianna the cheerleaders! :)
They were pretty excited little cheerleaders, can you tell?
On Monday we got to go to the Zoo Spooktacular which was pretty fun! They had all the different areas of the zoo decorated with lights and pumpkins and all kinds of fun stuff. The kids had a blast trick or treating to all the animals and riding the train 
 
Here's the monkey exhibit
 
And the tortoise exhibit...pretty cool!
 On Wednesday I took the girls to story time where they got to wear their costumes and hear Halloween stories. 
I made the cheer costumes out of fabric and stuff I had around the house. The only thing that cost me anything was $2 for the ribbon to make bows AND I choose red white and blue so we could reuse the bows and pom poms for 4th of July next year. I just love Ari's little grin!
Pom poms I made out of trash bags and plastic table cloths
On Saturday I painted some pumpkins with the kids
 
and Kevin carved some with them
Scott drew his own face- pretty good at looking just like his pumpkin too :)
Then it was off to our Branch trunk or treat
 Kevin dressed up as a fighter pilot and I was a pirate
Ari just didn't know quite what to think. Both at the Zoo Spooktacular and the Trunk or Treat she wouldn't reach out for candy- she would just hold out her basket and look at the ground. She's definitely the bashful one- such a cutie!
 Tonight for dinner we made Candice's mummy french bread pizzas and had this cute bat cake for dessert (thanks Mel!)
 The kids thought it was so fun that the bat cake turned their tongues black. Oh they just had so much fun biting the heads off the mummys and cutting into the bat. I went a little crazy this year- it's all in effort to get over my hate of Halloween :)
Here's the whole clan tonight for trick or treating. We live in the greatest neighborhood, but really I think it's just the way people are out in this part of the country. Like instead of knocking on doors, everybody sits outside by their garages to hand out candy. It's a great time to meet all the neighbors (even a neighbor came running over to take this picture so that we wouldn't have to use the timer)

We played some music I borrowed from the library too and all the kids LOVED that! They were all dancing and singing as they came up to the door
I mentioned how Ari wouldn't take any of the candy and was being shy. Well tonight she went strutting through the neighborhood and wouldn't let Kevin or me hold her hand or pick her up. She would reach her hand right in the candy bowls and get away with being greedy because she's just so darn cute :)
We just go up our street and then let the kids pass out candy- they love it

Here's Ari's loot
We had a great time! Hope all of you did too!