Our Thanksgiving was filled with family, way too much food and lots of football. My parents have made it a tradition for about 4 years now to go to Idaho for Thanksgiving, and it works out perfectly for us since we're so close! My sister Brooke and her husband Chris also came. It was great! I also have to say how nice it is to eat at someone elses house and not have to worry about food allergens for Scott. My mom is so sweet, she makes everything so that he can eat it because she doesn't want him to feel left out. (which means no milk or butter in any stuffing, gravy, turkey, mashed potatoes, etc.)
My mom is such a calm cook- she doesn't even stress out on Thanksgiving! She even has the patience to let the kids help with all the tasks. When Scott saw the turkey he said, "Oh, I didn't know that they took the feathers off. How do they take the feathers off?" It was funny. He helped season the turkey (and the counter too) but he didn't want to stuff it or touch it with his hands. The food was awesome! I don't think I'll ever be able to do it like my mom!
My mom is such a calm cook- she doesn't even stress out on Thanksgiving! She even has the patience to let the kids help with all the tasks. When Scott saw the turkey he said, "Oh, I didn't know that they took the feathers off. How do they take the feathers off?" It was funny. He helped season the turkey (and the counter too) but he didn't want to stuff it or touch it with his hands. The food was awesome! I don't think I'll ever be able to do it like my mom!
Scott was having a blast. He's been getting way into guns lately for some reason, so he was running around with big sticks making shooting noises. I love my rough tough boy- he's so cute!
Grandma playing in the leaves with the kids
Scott was having fun jumping off the pavers into the leaf piles
This was the highlight of Scott's weekend I think. Like I said, he loves guns. I'm one of those moms that doesn't let their kids have even play guns in hopes to keep them far away...but it's inevitable people! They will go to some kids house who does have pretend guns and fall in love anyway. So Kevin took the opportunity to talk about how real guns work and how dangerous they are- and then let him have some fun! You couldn't wipe the grin off his face he was so excited! I stayed home with Hailey and when I asked Scott how it was he said, "The gun was quite big. A little too big for my armpit" He loved it!
It's been a while since I got a picture of Scott and Hailey with Grandma and Grandpa. Right now they have 3 grandkids with Scott, Hailey and Mia and by April they will have 5. Breanne is just 2 months behind me! So exciting!