November 7, 2009

Scott has been wanting to help with EVERYTHING around the house these days. I can't do dishes, clean the house, take out the trash, make dinner or do laundry without him wanting to pitch in. And what's even better is that Hailey does everything Scott does, so she wants to help too. I use to be so particular about how things were folded or how the dishwasher was loaded, but I've become a lot more relaxed and have really enjoyed the extra hands.
I set up the ironing board to be their folding stationScott's favorite thing to do with laundry is match up socks and fold towels. Yes, I've taught him the right way to fold the towels, but if he likes to roll them up-fine by me :) The funny thing about this is that now I am finding rolled up towels everywhere. The ones I'm using or are hanging up on my oven handle- he rolls them up and puts them away.
Here's Hailey on spaghetti night. She has been so independent and stubborn too. She's now decided she's too big for high chairs or booster chairs. She wants to sit on a regular chair like everyone else. I keep putting her booster seat back onto her chair and the other day she opened up the sliding door and set it out there to hide it from me. Little stinker!Scott has these Diego legos that he can build into different cars and he came into my room the other morning with his latest. I asked him what it was called and he said it was "a wind challenger". He's so creative- I just love it! (you can't see that great in the picture but there's a propeller on the side) Another thing he loves to do when I ask him to pick up his toys is to turn a chair over onto the ground to use to scoop up toys. He calls it his "3 thousand" Who knows, maybe he'll be an inventor!
Despite some hard and exguasting days this week, I went to bed every night feeling so blessed to have these kids in my life and to be their mom! I totally think the special moments Kevin and I have with our kids outweigh the bad ones, and it seems like I had an overpouring of those really special moments this week. One of those was the other night when both Scott and Hailey were cuddled up on the couch with me. Scott got to feel the baby kick for the first time, and then both Scott and Hailey's cute little faces were smothered against my belly while they were saying, "Hello Baby! Are you in there!"
I just love them to pieces and feel like they've always been a part of me, even before I met them face to face the day they were born. I love being a mom!