July 13, 2008

Trip to Idaho

One accomplishment I am glad is done and over with is getting my Bachelors degree, but I would almost do it over just to be near my grandparents again. We visited my grandparents every summer growing up, but that was never enough! I always knew I wanted to go to Idaho for college and didn't apply anywhere else! I have so many great memories of those 4 years. I went to my grandma Lill's almost every week to do my laundry, and since my mom wasn't close by, my grandma was the one who got to go through my whole pregnancy with Scott with me. That was a big bonding experience. Now that we moved I have really really missed seeing my grandparents! I called up my road trip buddy Brooke, and we drove up to Idaho to visit for a few days. It's only a 3 hour drive...we should do it more often!

Me and Grandma Lill (my mom's mom)

This is the famous drawer at the Rydalch home. The cabinetry has changed a little, but this drawer at the end of the hall has always been full of toys as long as I can remember!

I managed to find this one of Scott when he was 10 months old to compare...
We are so lucky because our grandmas are friends and only live a mile away from each other! So I brought my foot bath and thought it would be fun for Brooke and I to give our grandmas pedicures! Brooke went and picked up Grandma Rosie and we had our little afternoon of pampering while the kids were napping. Grandma Lill (mom's mom) on the left and Grandma Rosie (dad's mom) on the right. I did the soaking, scrubbing and clipping and Brooke did the massaging and painting. Neither of them have ever had pedicures!
Grandma Rosie was so happy and says she has never had her feet rubbed! Come on grandpa-not even before the 10 kids? Haha
I love this picture of Grandma Lill with the paper between her painted toes and nail file in hand. So cute! I'm so glad we decided to do this, and I know it will be a permanent memory that I will never forget! (Brooke either since she has a foot phobia! Haha)
Of course later that night I had to get it out again so that Scott and my cousin Amanda could get in on the action. (Scott needs a brother to play with!)
I took this picture to try to capture how beautiful it is up in Idaho. This is my ultimate favorite and most peaceful place to be. Anytime I was having a hard time with school, roommates or feeling homesick, I would drive out to Grandma Lill's...the most peaceful place on earth really!
Grandma Lill pushing Scott on the tire swing.
Grandpa LaVall helping Scott ride this little trike (yes it's another pink bike!)
They also live right by the sand-dunes and my little cousin Amanda drives around this go cart! Kevin is always saying he is going to build one for Scott when he gets older- I think he's ready dad, what do you think?! I left my camera when we went to Grandma Rosie's house, but we also got to visit with my Aunt Becky and cousins Amy and Noami! It was fun. Scott has always been afraid of my Grandpa Clair because of his really long beard! When we went over to say goodbye to them I told Scott in the car that he had to just run up to him and give him a great big hug. With lots of persuading, he did just that. Grandpa lifted him up and kept telling Scott, "Squeeze tighter! Tighter! Give me a bear hug!" Scott loved it! Then when he went into the house to use the bathroom he kept saying, "I LOVE Grandpa Clair!" It was cute! A perfect ending to a fun two days!

While we were there Hailey's second tooth came in! She got her first one last week. If you look closely on the bottom you might be able to see the two shiners! If not, her wet tummy is proof of all the hard working drool it takes to make a tooth!Last night Scott begged me to play with my mixer while I fixed dinner so he got to use some of the spices I never use along with some flour. Kevin and I were talking for a minute in the other room and I came back to this....Looks like fun!
My two little trouble makers! Scott got this piano for his first Christmas from Grandma and Hailey can't get enough of it! It is by far her favorite toy! There is no way she is waiting until a year to walk! I hope she isn't like my sister Brooke and walking at 9 months! My guess is 10 or 11. She is determined though!