Happy 4th! And yes, Hailey is always this happy!

Hailey didn't budge after Kevin sat her in Scott's small camping chair. She could have entertained herself all day in it!

After the parade and a pathetic attempt at naps (who wants to nap after that much candy?) we drove up to a place called Monte Cristo and went camping! I would have loved to stay for a few days, but we figured we'd test the waters since this was our first camp trip with both the kids. We love to camp and had a blast even though we didn't get much sleep (Scott was crammed against Kevin and Hailey's playpen was nestled into my side) It was a lot of fun! Scott even slept in until 7:30 and when he woke up he shouted "I finally went camping!" It was so cute. He's been camping about 3 times, but now every time I ask him what he would like to do for the day he says, "lets go camping!"
It was great to spend time with my hubby too!
Scott devouring a marshmallow
Scott has been going through the "ask a thousand questions" stage right now and I'm trying to just answer each question politely. I remember when my nephew TJ went through this stage (the infamous "but why") and about drove me nuts, but my sister-in law Kelli just answered each of his questions as sweet as can be. I'm going to try my best Kelli! Today he said, "mom what's your real name?" and I said, "Nicole" and then he said, "Nicole, what things do you like to do?" I thought it was pretty cute! It's only 2 pm though and he's asked me about 15 times what I like to do. I try to answer differently each time to keep it interesting.
Changing subjects- Kevin and I have a bet of not eating any sweets! After accidentally popping a piece of taffy into my mouth during the parade, and then spitting it out telling Kevin it doesn't count unless you digest it, I'm about ready to just throw in the towel and hand over his prize money. A month is just too long without sugar- I can't take it any longer!
Changing subjects- Kevin and I have a bet of not eating any sweets! After accidentally popping a piece of taffy into my mouth during the parade, and then spitting it out telling Kevin it doesn't count unless you digest it, I'm about ready to just throw in the towel and hand over his prize money. A month is just too long without sugar- I can't take it any longer!