(If only I had a wider lens maybe you could see Hailey too!) Scott loved the backpack ride!
So did Hailey!
This girl will fall asleep anywhere! Actually she only fell asleep when we stopped for lunch, once we started moving again she woke back up.
The trail went right along the river and Scott's favorite part was stopping to throw rocks into it. (Guys always have to do that, don't they?)
This picture was taken earlier in the week.
I had to post this to prove that she is sad sometimes. AND isn't she still just adorable even know she's crying!? She doesn't like being on her tummy anymore because she doesn't go anywhere. She just flares her arms and legs around and gets frustrated. Maybe another month and she might be crawling around...we'll see. Hang in there Hailey!
May 26, 2008
Memorial Weekend
We've had a lot of fun having Kevin off work this weekend. Friday we spent most of the day in Ogden with Scott's food allergist (nothing has changed unfortunately, maybe next year). We let him stay up until about 9:30 or so because it was a really hard day on him getting the scratch skin tests done and everything. We rented the "Bee Movie" and popped some popcorn. He loved it.
Then Saturday Scott and Kev did some finishing touches on the basement while I did some shopping. I was lucky enough to find Kelty kid packs for 40% off. I was SOOO excited since backpacking and hiking is something we love and now we can have time to do it since we can bring the kids along. Saturday night I finally had enough guts to leave Hailey with a sitter (she is almost 6 months now!) Dates are so much more special when your not trying to shove a pacifier in your baby's mouth all evening long.... So we went and ate some yummy dinner and then went to D.I. and bought a few golf clubs to go to the driving range with. It was so much fun! I told Kevin while we were at D.I. that it was a college date. (You know, when they actually came up with creative ideas to impress you!) I said, "Yeah, you've got your game back!" I don't know how stressed the 12 year old was that had to juggle 2 kids for 3 hours, but we had a blast and the kids were great when we got home.
Then we took some time and drove through the Logan Canyon and to Bear Lake. We've lived here over a year and this was our first time there (besides when Kevin has gone mountain biking with the guys) We live by so many beautiful places, we need to go discover them this summer!
Here's Hailey all ready for our hike!