May 21, 2008

Silly Hailey!
I also had to add this picture to my sidebar because I want to look at it every day! I love how big her eyes are too! So cute!
I was talking to my mom the other day about some of the things Scott recalls, and we both decided that it must be a gift. This kid remembers EVERYTHING! Even if you don't think he's listening or even if your not talking specifically to him. Here's one example-
Kevin's mom (aka Grammy) was here visiting almost 2 months ago and she watched the kids so that we could go on a date. Well that night he was fighting to go to bed so she laid down on the floor with him and told him about how God made night so that our bodies could rest, etc. I'm sure he didn't even act like he was listening (the kid is always fidgeting, even when I read bedtime stories...) So now 2 months have passed by and earlier this week out of nowhere Scott says to me while he is playing, "Grammy had a talk with me about our bodies." I said, "Oh really, what did she say?" Then he said plain and simple, "Oh how our bodies need to rest so that we don't get sick and how we need to go to sleep." He continued to tell me all about their conversation. Then while he was eating his lunch he stopped and told me his foot hurt (he was kneeling on the stool and I'm sure that it went numb or something). I rubbed it for him and he says to me (which should go in the record book by the way) "I want to go to sleep". Confused I said, "You do?" He said, "Yeah...my foot will probably feel better when I get up." And sure enough, off to a nap he went with no kicking or screaming (I didn't even have to lock the door!) So funny. He just amazes me sometimes with things he says and does. Even the fact that we never have to repeat to him what something is. Once he finds out a name or word for something, especially a tool, he will remember it always even if he's only told once what it is. He's done that from a really young age. Anyway I'm not trying to brag on my little boy, it just got me thinking about what kind of gifts our kids are born with... another I've posted about before is his love for animals. Although most kids love animals, Scott just has a different perspective about them and I definitely think that's a gift too. Our children are so precious! I can't wait to find out more about Hailey's gifts but I know already one of them is the gift of happiness. She is always happy. I hope she keeps that forever. I challenge all the moms to think about what gifts your children have and what traits you love about them. It will definitely keep things in the right perspective, especially on the hard days.