Scott...Still not in picture-taking mood. My dad told me that it's about time he went on strike from the camera - he's been in the spotlight since the day he was born! (No, seriously by one week old we had about 4 rolls of pictures!) I know we are totally breaking the rules on this one, but we needed some family time and we don't have a bike trailer...Scott took his usual seat behind my bike, and Hailey got to enjoy a frontpack ride with dad. She was passed out after about 5 minutes!
Close-up!
I managed to sneak a picture of Scott while he was helping his dad cook on Mother's Day.
For Mother's Day Kevin (and Scott of course) made my favorite french toast for breakfast and steak for dinner. He even made a really yummy peach cobbler for dessert! (I'm not even lying it was the BEST I've ever eaten.. even from the times he's cooked it camping). Well I am always begging Kevin to buy me kitchen gadgets because I love to be in the kitchen, but he refuses because he thinks it's weird/disrespectful. Well he decided that if he was going to do it, Mother's Day was the day, so he got me the icecream maker that I've been wanting (thanks Mel for letting me borrow yours for so long). When I saw the pretty wrapping paper and bow I said, "Wait a minute, who wrapped that for you!?" (not that he isn't a great wrapper himself...it just didn't look like his style) When I found out it was from the Love to Cook store I told him that they were a lot cheaper at another store, but he informed me, "Well they didn't have red at those stores!" What a sweetie! Of course I'm crazy over anything red, especially kitchen appliances and it definitely made the gift more meaningful. Thanks babe! Before giving Mel hers back I stocked up my freezer with sorbets for Scott to eat...so I might need to clear some room before using mine! I'm excited to experiment with soy milk and yogurt!
A few things a mother said in her talk at church on Sunday stuck with me. She said after appologizing so much to her sister for her messy house, her sister said, "Yeah your house might not be sparkling clean and quiet, but your kids are making memories." I liked that a lot. I do actually keep a fairly clean house, but Kevin has always told me from day one not to worry about cleaning up EVERYTHING because he knows that we were just having a good time playing. I agree. I think if your house is too clean, and you are picking up everything your kids drag out, they won't be able to be imaginative and creative. Let them make a mess every now and then- they will have a blast doing it! Another thing she said was to stop looking forward to the next stage and enjoy the one you are in. I guess that could go for the stages of your kids as well as the stages of life you are in. That especially sunk in because the next speaker was a mother of a missionary and she was crying her eyes out. I said to Kevin, "Do you think I will be that big of a boob?" He just laughed, but I know that day will come sooner than I want it to, so I better just enjoy the now! (I think writing that down just taught me a lesson for today....it was a rough one!)