March 3, 2008

More from Vegas















Of course we spent all the time we could at all of the parks because of all the nice weather. I think the hardest part about having having another kid is that I don't get that one on one time (with either of them). So I left Hailey with my mom and Scott and I had our first picnic experience at the park. He loved it so much he kept asking me if we could go on another picnic. I thought he'd just run off and play, but he sat and ate his lunch and talked, and then ran off to play after about 30 minutes. We were just enjoying eachothers company. We did it twice. It was fun. The second time I couldn't stop staring at him realizing how grown up my little boy is. Of course you are overwhelmed when you have a baby wondering how you will take care of it, etc. but it's when your little guy starts up a conversation with you that the weight of responsibility comes down on you. Forget about changing diapers and keeping their tummy full, now you have the responsibility of raising a good man or woman in society. (I don't know if any of this makes sense...) I have so much gratitude to my Heavenly Father for trusting me with these beautiful spirits, and I would feel much more overwhelmed if I didn't have him to lean on when I'm unsure. After all, he knows them better than even we do as their parents.









This picture is to show how daring my little boy is. If I was his height there's no way I would be going on these slides! He loved them!






So we did go to the 3rd grade classroom and you can probably tell by Scott's face that he didn't want to touch the worms. It was still fun though. Thanks Candice!



And of course we have to go feed the ducks every time we go to Las Vegas. I miss doing that with him at the nature park in Rexburg. He loves animals so much.






















Here's our little "love bug" (my mom's nickname for all her grandbabies). She's doing a little better with her colic and only had one or two fiascos instead of every day like she was before we came. I thought it was funny and told my parents and sisters how Scott never touched the floor when we visited with him (being the first grandbaby and boy in the family) Ahh... second child syndrome. Kevin and I both know about that because we are both the middle children! I was glad my parents were able to keep Scott busy so that I could really enjoy her one on one. She's so beautiful. I just love her to pieces! You can never see in the pictures but she has eyelashes that curl up. It's adorable.

We also got to use my parent's fire pit in their backyard to roast some marshmellows. Pretty sad that living in both Idaho and Utah we have only got to go camping 2 or 3 times (Once he went just with his dad). Camping is a part of our lives and Kevin and I use to go 5 or 6 times a year. Ah how life changes when you have kids! It was still good to eat yummy marshmellows though, and then be able to put your sticky kid in the bath instead of in a sleeping bag at the end of the night! Haha