Scott gathered up construction paper, scattered them in the hallway and started jumping on them. I asked him what in the world he was doing and he said, "It's a hopscotch!" It's amazing what kids can learn from Curious George, but I'm still impressed he used papers because on the show they obviously used sidewalk chalk. Pretty creative.
My sister asked me to post some pictures, but I only had this one above because it has been so crazy the last week trying to finish the basement in time for carpet to get installed today. They still have to stretch it tomorrow, but it's all here and Scott was literally jumping up and down and rolling in it he was so excited. We are going to double our square footage...Okay so I was jumping and rolling around with him, but I can't help it!
So I have a crazy story to tell. Friday I was headed to Richmond (almost to the Idaho boarder) to pick out a countertop for our bathroom vanity and I had just gotten to the highway where the speed jumps to 60 MPH and about 2 minutes later there was the loudest crash and I couldn't see a thing because the hood of our car flew up against the windshield (yes it was closed and has a safety latch, it was just one of those freak things that happens...) I went from 60 MPH to a dead halt and managed to get into the turning lane as well, otherwise I'm sure we would have gotten slammed into from behind. I don't think I have ever been so scared. When I slammed on my breaks the hook dropped down for a second and I was able to see that nobody was coming and I pulled off the side of the road. This is a really busy road and it was a miracle that nobody hit us. I tremble to think about us getting hit from behind with my kids in the back! I just know that the Lord was looking out for us because there is no way I could have gotten into the turning lane that fast on my own. (Even Kevin said I had amazing reaction skills) I called Kevin right away and getting a hold of him was another miracle in itself for those who know his schedule. He answered and came over right away and hugged me while I cried. It was really traumatizing! When you become a mom I think you get more soft hearted and sensitive because of that "mother goose" nature. On a lighter note, while I'm sitting there waiting for him to come rescue us the thought crossed my mind...well maybe we have to get a new car now (the hood was to no repair, the fenders smashed and the bottom of the windshield shattered). Not so... my husband can fix anything and after he takes the hinges and shocks off he stands on the hood to get it back in place and says to me "it's just cosmetic. It still drives!" (Ghetto!) It's true though...it doesn't look that bad, and I'm definitely more concerned with it happening again than I am about what people think, that's for sure. Maybe sometime later this year we can get a new car, but for now it's just a "cosmetic problem" Haha (I can laugh about it now at least)
On a happier note, here is a video of Scott tickling Hailey. He usually does it softer but he was showing off for the camera.