(Not such a good picture of me...but this isn't about me)

Okay so I made up the whole "Friend Friday" but I needed an excuse to talk about my friend
Melanie. I have to start in the beginning...so even though I went to college by myself in Rexburg, I still could go to my grandparents homes when I was home sick. Moving to Logan was different because we didn't know anyone! I was having a really hard time meeting friends because most people have family around here and therefore don't really need friends. I can definitely tell you that I was depressed. For about 6 months I was just sad, which was really weird because I was pregnant and usually that makes me glow with happiness! So back to the subject here...Kevin and I met Brian and Melanie at a work party because our husbands work for the same company. They had just moved here from Wisconsin and we found out we both lived in Nibley. Well a few months passed and they invited us over for dinner. That was the dinner that started it all. We have seen each other almost every week since. We even found out that her mom and my dad knew each other growing up (my dad even had a little crush on her). We have so much in common and have the same crazy organized perfectionist personality. (For instance when we went to the movie on Saturday she said she was coming an hour early to be sure to get a good seat. When I told Kevin he said, "She's almost as crazy as you are" and I replied, "Yep, that's why we get along so good!") So the reason for this post is to tell everyone what an awesome friend she is! Not only did she watch Scott for majority of my doctor's visits, watch Scott both for the "I think I'm in labor" hospital run and the entire day when it was the real thing, but she brought us dinner and is always willing to help out. Last week Kevin was tiling our laundry room so she willingly took our laundry to her house and even had the nerve to apologize for not folding it for me. Then she called me Tuesday during one of my nervous breakdowns and insisted that she watched Scott on Wednesday so I could have a break. I brought Scott over there at 10 am and enjoyed a quiet house with Hailey until I picked him up at 4 pm. She even told me that it was for selfish reasons because her boys play better when they have a friend. I know that was a lie to not make me feel bad... that's just how she is. I know I probably even missed a few good deeds here and there, but those are the ones I've been thinking about. When it comes to me and friends, I go for quality, not quantity and for that reason, I'm so lucky to have a friend like her. So a big thanks to Melanie! And you better start using up some of your I.O.U.s ....I know there's a bunch of them!
Here are the boys when we took them to see "Horton Hears a Who" on Saturday. (Scott, Walker and Jackson)
