March 14, 2008

So thanks to Hailey's frequent nursing strikes, I now have mastitis! Two nights ago I was up all night with the chills, fever and a killer headache. Come to find out it is a breast infection. I had no idea that you could get something like that from breastfeeding or how horrible it can be! I will spare you the details but to recover you have to do a long list of things to "that area", none of which you have time for with two kids. Along with antibiotics 4 times a day, you have to keep nursing through it even though you are insainly sore because it's the only way to get rid of it. I don't know how much longer I can take this nursing deal with Hailey. Scott was a perfect nurser for 12 months, but Hailey just isn't into it. She'd rather have a bottle. Even in Vegas she refused to nurse and she refused to be held to take a bottle. She wanted to sit in a chair and do it herself. She was even trying to hold the bottle on her own. I swear- What is with us getting these stubborn independent children!?

Well it seems as if Spring might be around the corner. I sure hope so because Scott is in major depression after a nice long trip in the warm country. He keeps thinking he can just walk outside whenever he'd like to because that's what he did in Vegas, but then I yell at him for letting the 40 degree weather inside the house! Pretty soon our basement will be finished and we will double our square footage. Our fireplace was installed today and we just have to tile and carpet. I was going to post pictures, but I'll wait for the finished product.
Look at those big round blue eyes! We can't get enough of them!
Hailey is such a gabber. All day long she squeels and squeels. She squeels at her toys squeels when she gets up in the morning. I couldn't resist posting a video so that you can see for yourself.