May 21, 2019

My Birthday Continued...

35 seems like a good number- I like it!
And because it's my birthday post I'm going to talk about myself for a minute. I usually cringe posting pictures of myself and especially talking about myself but because this is my journal and I'm pretty sure nobody reads this blog anyways lol, I'm going for it! 

  I'm coming up on a year of weightlifting. Not cross fit, just lifting weights- heavy ones! I've had a hard time giving up long distance running because of my sore knees, (just barely worked myself up to 4 miles again after 6 years). I'm always looking for different ways to fill that void, I guess because I always played competitive sports growing up and I like to challenge myself physically. I was always scared of weights, and still was for the first few months, but now it's quite an addiction for me. I've always struggled with the number on the scale and I'm realizing that "pre-baby" weight was just a different phase in my life, and it's not fair to keep comparing myself to that phase. I'm in a new phase now. I actually weigh 20 pounds more now than I did before my last pregnancy. In fact, I weigh the same today as I did when I was 24 weeks (thats 6 months!!) pregnant with Jay. 
(Told you I was going for it...here I am the exact same weight 145 pounds)
I'm learning to throw away the number on the scale, and instead focus on how amazing and strong I feel. And conquering the physical goals I set for myself, like a headstand! Seriously, I was more excited about conquering that then anytime I have lost weight! Whoop Whoop!