Scott the morning of his birthday-
He was so excited they had a read athon at school and he got to wear his jammies and everything!
Much like presents, he didn't care what kind of cake he had this year either, so since he likes Scooby Doo I decided on this one- he thought it was pretty awesome!
I gave him the option of me bringing him his choice of lunch to school, or taking him out for lunch, and so of course he choose to go out. We picked him up from school and he wanted sonic, so since that's not really a sit down place, we came home and ate and then I took him back to school. After Dad came home, we ate his favorite dinner- asian chicken skewers and then sang, opened presents and had cake and icecream!
Scott gets up every morning and puts on his robe. He loves it. When I noticed it was about 3 inches too short on the sleeves, I looked through the blog to find out when his Aunt Bre gave it to him and it was when he was 4! lol He has been wearing it for 4 years! So Aunt Bre updated his look this year :)
I got him some oragami books and paper. He LOVES oragami right now and was super excited!
Hailey got him some bendastix, Ari some legos and Jay the game jenga...but it was Dad who had to go outdo himself and get him a bow and arrow. He was pretty excited! He had been guessing for the past few weeks what it could possibly be in that odd shaped present.
I decided to let his best friend David across the street come over and have cake and icecream and hang out.
Jay- thoroughly enjoying his cake!
I will say it again, but our kids favorite part about their birthday is getting to stay up past bedtime with mom and dad. I told Scott he spent it doing the same thing he did last year- putting together his legos.
One one of the best presents of all...going to the Scouting office today to pick up his uniform and supplies. First pack meeting tomorrow night. Pretty exciting! :)