December 9, 2013

Hailey got this hat at school and wore it the ENTIRE day of her birthday! 
I started the tradition with Scott that they get to have their first "friend" party when they are in kindergarten, and Hailey couldn't wait!
 Of course she had her plans made months in advance and decided on a cooking party since she is always in the kitchen with mom! Her invitation looked like this...(but on cute paper printed from home)

RECIPE:    Hailey's 6th Birthday
Cook Time: 2-4 pm                         Serving Size: lots of fun

INGREDIENTS                                          INSTRUCTIONS
1 birthday girl                                                     Mix all together on Saturday
6 good friends                                                       December 7th at 2 pm
make-your-own pizzas
a sprinkle of cupcakes                                              Young Chef’s Academy
a pinch of imagination                                                   (our address)
1 cup of excitement                                                     
1 large bag of laughter                                          RSVP by December 2nd
                                                                 Call or Text Nicole @ (our number)

 I let the kids decide everything on their big days, so she wanted zebra and animal print themed plates and cups and a monkey cake! Doesn't really exactly go with a cooking theme, but like I said- they get to be the boss! :)
Ready to go and patiently waiting for kids to arrive
She invited 4 little girls and 2 boys...with their aprons decorated (Hailey is being shy with her hat over her head in the middle)
 The kids had SO much fun decorating their own pizzas. It was seriously the cutest thing ever. Kids at this age are just adorable!
 A little "pin the candle on the cake" while the pizzas cooked
Eating their masterpieces
 On to decorating cupcakes. The kids couldn't believe I let them make and eat 2...but we had tons of frosting and sprinkles so why not :)
 Scott enjoying the party
 A little shy listening to friends sing to her
We had so much fun! The kids were adorable and had a great time. Hailey and I made up a "take home recipe" bag for each of them instead of a goodie bag. We put all the ingredients to make my favorite Kool-Aid playdough at home along with the recipe (and their new little rolling pins from the pizzas too)

After the kids all went home and after a little bit of rest, we ate some dinner and then it was onto family time opening presents and eating cake
 Money is always exciting for kids right? So funny!
 What she wanted, and also asked Santa for was a hair model. A doll that you can do her hair. She was pretty excited. She can braid really good for a 6 year old!
Another tradition...getting to stay up an hour past bedtime to enjoy your toys and attention from mom and dad :)
I didn't get a picture with her presents, but it is kind of fun to look back on what things you liked so I will write it instead. Dad got her the hair model doll, Mom got her a little lap desk with some new colored pencils, crayons and paper, Scott got her a motorcycle lego set, Arianna got her some beads to make jewelry and Jay got her a huge crayon tower...and then of course a few things from grandparents and aunts! :)
Anyway it turned out to be a great day! I told her today when I dropped her off for school that she left school on Friday a 5 year old, and came back Monday a 6 year old. Pretty awesome stuff! :)