Busy Week!
The kids started swimming lessons this week! Scott needs them more then Hailey does. He likes to sit on steps and play, but screams if you take him into the deep water or splash in his face. Hailey on the other hand is a little fish-always has been!
After just two lessons Scott isn't using the "death grip" on his teacher anymore, and he even dunked his head under the water without complaint!
and stickers always help to motivate as well...
We have a bird's nest under our deck! We found it a few weeks ago, but after the cat fights on our deck and the "mommy stalking" we knew there were eggs. (Kevin is so smart to use a mirror to look inside!)
The nest is on the far right beam, and if you look really closely you can see the mama bird in the middle of our neighbors shed. She sits there all day long.
Can you see the trend with Hailey?
Eyes shut cheese face
We dug trenches today and Scott has already been yelled at once for pushing the dirt back into the holes.

I am the first to admit that I'm a little OCD, especially when it comes to cleaning. Well I'm afraid Scott has inherited it as well. Last night Scott and I were cleaning up his room. He has 2 containers for his blocks and we had already filled up one. He neatly stacked all of these blocks into this second container (I just had to take a picture to demonstrate) and was done, or so I thought until he screamed and pointed that the last row was missing two blocks. I took one of the blocks out of the other container and handed it to him and he says, "No! It has to be this kind!" (notice how the right column are smaller blocks) Oh boy! I guess I know now why he takes soooo long to clean things up! I usually end up pitching in because I don't want it to take all day. When I told Kevin he just shook his head, but he knows as good as I do that if it was me I would have color coded them :)
It has been overcast for a few days and Scott said to me today that the sun LOVES playing hide and seek. I thought that was cute!