Hailey has always been a climber. A month ago I left her in the living room, went out to check on Scott outside, came into the kitchen and she was sitting up in her highchair eating crackers. I literally had a heart attack! She moved the kitchen chairs over to use to climb up because there was a box of crackers on the counter top. So in swim lessons, Hailey has been learning how to pull herself up out of the pool. I was excited about it until she started using her new skill to get to everything else, like lotion!
So while Hailey is doing that, Scott has figured out, yet again, how to get into the closets with the child proof locks. You might be wondering why we still child proof the doors when he is 3 1/2 years old, and the answer to that question is because this kid LOVES medicine and so we have to keep them far far away. We bought the normal two piece child proof door knobs, but when Scott was like 2 years old he found out that when he hung on them long enough they would break. So then Kevin put baby powder on the inside to make them slippery, and taped around the outside so they are impossible to break. This system has been working now for probably a year. That is until I woke up yesterday to Scott hammering. I went into his room and he said (very proud and excited by the way) "Look mom! I finally figured it out!" He got one of his cups and put it on the door knob and then tapped it on tight with his plastic toy. I said, "What made you decide to do that?" and he said, "Well I knew the cup was circled and so was the door!" He continued to go around showing me how it works for all the doors: the pantry (snacks), our bedroom (if you want a refresher on why we lock our room, click here), and all the others. Oh boy- now what!?