May 18, 2009

This is what we've been doing all weekend- looks like fun right? We paid to have all our trenches dug out, and then it rained for like a week straight, so now we pretty much have to do it over again because they all sluffed in. Oh and don't let the picture of just Kevin fool you...I have bruises up and down my legs from walking in trenches all day. I told Kevin he is lucky my dad taught me how to work, because I haven't seen any of the other wives out with their husbands putting sprinklers in. Just last night my sister Candice and I were talking about how we would go to my dad's job sites every Saturday and clean up. The funny part is that we had a blast and didn't even get paid! He told us we could keep anything we found and to us that was gold. Oh and the occasional trip to McDonald's afterwards.
After a long day digging I told Kevin there has to be a perk to him being the young mens secretary. Well come to find out that their plans for this weeks mutual was cancelled, so now our lawn has turned into a service project. Hallelujah!
Here's Scott's getup for helping in the yard- he's not sure if he's a contractor or a landscaper. We will just call him the handyman :)
And with all the warm weather, we've been eating lots of popsicles. I found these popsicle molds at Walmart and they have a little straw to suck up all the melted popsicle! You can use any smoothie or drink mix to make popsicles. This one is 1 1/4 cups orange juice, 4 peaches and 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar. You mix it up in the blender and it makes about 8 popsicles. We put little pieces of canned fruit in for fun too. Scott likes these better than otter pops and they actually have some vitamins and aren't straight sugar!
Some fun at the park on Friday (these were taken on my cell phone, so they aren't that great)
Hailey is loving her new sunglasses
While riding over to the park, Scott insisted on taking the newspaper with him. Maybe I should get him started on a paper route and he could make us some money! haha Ah these kids are growing up way too fast!
I swear Scott is going through a growth spurt. After eating a big dinner before swim lessons, he usually comes home and says he wants to eat a second dinner.
And Hailey will always look so small to me because she's our baby, but she is looking a lot more like a toddler lately. I can't believe she'll be 18 months old next month!