April 25, 2009

I decided a few months ago I was going to start running. I always played competitive sports in growing up, and although they do have a few mom soccer teams around here, it's not really something I can do with our busy schedules. Running is the perfect thing, and I started running on the beautiful River Trails with the kids in the jogger this week.
So today was my first 5K run, and it was a Race Against Child Abuse otherwise it totally wouldn't have been worth the freezing weather! It was 40 degrees and snowing!
Kevin and the kids (warm in the car watching movies) waited for me at the half point and took a little video. Brrr!!! It was way fun despite the weather and I can tell you already that I'm addicted!

This week we had great weather for about 3 or 4 days, so we took advantage. Here's the kids enjoying their popsicles on a warm day. I thought this was Hailey's first real popsicle so I wanted to have evidence, but then Kevin informed me that he gives them to her all the timeKevin rented a "skidster" for a day and moved some rocks and dirt around. It was nice because I was actually free of entertaining the kids for a few hours. They would run to the front porch to watch him and then when he went to the back they would run through the house to watch him off the back porch. It was really cute. Scott even got to take a few rides.
Running around outside means lots of bumps and bruises. Currently both Scott and Hailey have scabs over their knees. Here's Hailey showing her first boo boo
What kid doesn't love an ice cream cone! (or in Scott's case a rice cream cone)
Hailey's drunken ice cream face! :)