My cousin Ashley got married in the St. George temple on Saturday. She looked so beautiful and her groom couldn't stop smiling. Oh how I wish I had a few pictures to share, but my camera was misbehaving! The ceremony was beautiful and the spirit was so strong. Congrats JB and Ashley!
Kevin actually took Friday off, so we left on Thursday and took the scenic route there to spend a few days in Kanab where Kevin's grandma lives (his dad's mom)
On the way there Kevin showed me the cliffs he would rappel off and the three lakes they use to play in. Since Kevin has lived all around the country and in Germany growing up I have never really seen any places or met any people from his childhood, so it was so awesome to see
This is Kevin's grandma's house. It has a historic sign out front because it was built the same year his grandma was born- 1917!
Scott usually takes a while to warm up to people, but he started chatting it up with "Grandma Gladys" right away and made himself right at home
Kevin and his Grandma Riggs

I wish I had a zoom lens so I could capture Hailey's face jumping with dad on the tramp!

Kevin's grandparents use to own a bakery where this t-shirt shop is now. His grandpa even did the petrified wood out front (they look like stones-so cool)

Scott and Hailey taking a bath in the tub that's been there for years. According to Kevin not one thing has changed- not the drapes, decor or anything else
This is Kevin's grandma's house. It has a historic sign out front because it was built the same year his grandma was born- 1917!
Kevin asked her if she still gets up and walks outside and she said she didn't do that anymore, but she's up and getting around and doesn't have a sore bone or pain

Scott was loving these big boulders at the park
My big girl has to do everything her brother does, including the big swing
Hailey, Scott and Dad swinging
Makes me (sort of) miss the claw bathtub Kevin and I had in our first apartment as newlyweds
This old bible has been handed down to Kevin's grandma. After diligently searching Kevin finally found the copyright date to be 1881. Even crazier than that is that inside it there are birth and death pages that his ancestors filled out. Soooooo neat!
Scott was sooo sad to leave Grandma Gladys!
My favorite part was getting out all the photo albums after the kids went to bed each night. Kevin only has a handful of pictures as a kid, and I had so much fun looking at some of his baby pictures. His grandma has been so amazing at record keeping, and even has a journal of every 15 minutes when she visited Kevin's family in Germany. She kept a notebook and wrote down everything, even down to the store Kevin bought a pair of binoculars in!
It was definitely a trip to remember, and worth every bit of screaming and whining and complaining from the kids to get there!