March 8, 2009

Paint!
February marked 2 years in our home, and I can't believe that I have procrastinated that long to do this! I figured since the house was brand new and already painted cream, why make the extra work right? Well I finally decided to just jump, and went and bought red for the kitchen wall and brown for the living room wall. The kitchen turned out a lot brighter than the card, even with 3 coats, but ultimately its red-and that's what I wanted. :)
Kevin was suppose to just do the edges with the trim brush, but ended up stealing most the show.The couch blockade we built for the kids to watch

So the kitchen was about a month ago, and we did the living room yesterday There's a vaulted ceiling, so the brown went into the kitchen too. So exciting! Color adds so much personality. I'm definitely on a kick and told Kevin not to get excited just yet about being done. There will be more and Scott's already putting in requests for his. That might be a while though since he'll probably get kicked down to the basement when baby #3 comes (no, that is definitely not an announcement!)