May 17, 2013

Mother's Day
The one thing I ask for on Mother's Day is a picture with all of my kids, but Hailey was going through one of her moods and refused. At least she got up in church and sang the mothers day song :)
Hailey made me a mug at school and Scott made me a bookmark and a little booklet where he drew pictures of me and him. I don't know why, but I just have a soft spot for little drawings :)
So Ari came out of nursery after church with chocolate all over her mouth holding this little bag of "hugs and kisses" for me....only one problem...I didn't get any of them! She LOVES chocolate and seriously had the tightest grip on those things-she ate em all before I got a chance. From the evidence on her face I bet the teachers had a hard time getting them into the bag! So funny! 
That's okay though I got some chocolate from Scott and Hailey too. Like I said, Hailey was having a hard day for some reason. I always know where to find her if she is missing....under my clothes in my closet. So I went in there under the clothes with her and we enjoyed a little talk eating some chocolate. Tender moment :)
Mother's Day for me is about spending quality time with the kids and just taking a day to count my blessings, all four of them :) 
We decided to head on up to the mountains after lunch and take a little hike
Jay's first ride in the hiking backpack :) loved it! 
 Ari was so cute she kept collecting rocks into her tiny little pocket on her shirt
We ended the day with Kevin's yummy peach cobbler. I love this picture of Ari she is so stinking cute. Kevin got the kids ready for bed and then I climbed in bed with each of them one by one to read them a bedtime story. Ari giggled so hard when she saw me in her toddler bed with a book. I usually just kneel next to her bed, and she was so excited.
 Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day!!