October 24, 2012

 This is what we have woken to the last 2 mornings
 The kids, as you can imagine are thrilled! (Me on the other hand- not so much!!!)
 my neighbor said she heard Hailey screaming and giggling before she had a chance to see out the window. I wish I had a video clip of Hailey- I haven't seen her get that excited over anything.
 We don't have church until 1 pm on Sunday so I was trying to find a way to occupy these three...plus they kept bugging me to do the "craft" I had promised all week and didn't have time for. All it was as collected toilet and paper towel holders and anything else (paper, markers, googley eyes, etc.) to make some "Halloween Monsters". Sounds easy right? Well the kids loved it and it kept them busy for a few hours.
 
I helped Ari with hers, but Scott and Hailey came up with their ideas all their own. Scott made one with octopus like legs and one with a cape and over 10 eyeballs- thought that was pretty cute :)

 Hailey came up with this monster she called "Afro Circus!" I was wondering what she was doing with all those poms! She even drew black stripes down it. So creative!
Jay is doing good. Still super sleepy, but we are working on it. (And still got the blonde hair...I hope it sticks :)
My visiting teacher knitted him this pumpkin hat! A little big right now but seriously the cutest thing ever!
Hailey finally got to change her first diaper yesterday because I told her she had to wait for a few things to heal first. His umbilical cord was a nightmare! It fell off but then he had a granuloma (like a raw bubble of skin in the center sticking out...weird) and so he had to go into the doctor and get that fixed which ended up looking horrible before it got better. Finally he is all healed up and Hailey gets to play mommy. She's thrilled :)
She has also been super helpful around the house. Yesterday she asked me to make her a chore list that she could check off and I started off with just 3 easy tasks but she kept asking for more and more! Ended up unloading the dishes and sorting the laundry to name just a few but she had over 12 things on the list and was soooo excited to help.

Scott had parent teacher conference yesterday and is doing great in school. He calls him self a "fly by mather" and brags about getting done faster than anyone in his class. He definitely has a niche for math for sure. His teacher said, "I just don't know about Scott...he's just SO nice!!" It was fun having him with me for the conference (teacher requested they come) because he's always so worried about what the teachers are going to say about him, which is funny because they never have anything negative to say. Just a super great kid!

Arianna had another therapy session last week playing with some food which proved to be a really big struggle for her. We are touching everything and working on giving everything a kiss. Just an example to those of you who think this is all crazy...today I asked her to touch the scrambled eggs on her plate before she could be done. She did and then she gagged and dry-heaved (just over touching it!!). Last week she "kissed" some garlic bread and then decided she wanted to try some and ate a few bites. That was really big! We are excited just over the little progress for sure!