October 4, 2012

He's here- 1 week early too!
Jay Russell
Born Tuesday October 2nd
@ 9:19 am
8 pounds
19 inches long

right before- last belly picture
looking at mommy for the first time :)
check out how big those hands are!
shocked when they said 8 pounds!
I've had an on-call doctor deliver all the kids so here's the doctor that delivered Jay since it was my doctor's day off- Dr. Erika Smith

Proud Daddy!
All the kids got to come meet him after school
This is when you say, "Wow! I have 4 kids!" lol
Hailey is already a baby hog which is no suprise because she is SUCH a mommy. She kept telling Grammy, "Okay Grammy! Toss him over!" every minute. She wants to hold him all day long
When Kevin called to tell the kids that morning he said, "Mommy had the baby" and Ari said, "I know!" Pretty sweet. They seem to have quite the connection already.
Grammy had her car packed up Monday night ready to leave Tuesday morning, but her prayers were answered and she got to meet this little guy first! #17 Grandbaby for her
 Grandma and Grandma drove up to spend some time too. They are busy this year with me and my sisters- all 4 of us in one year span. First Kyse from my sister Bre, then Marlee from Brooke, now Jay, and in February another from Candice which will make the count to 9 grandkids. Busy busy!!
When the kids were there he never opened up his eyes once! He was so tired he pretty much slept the whole time.
Awake at last!! :)
They change so much every day but check out all that blonde hair! I told Kevin when I was pregnant since Ari is the girl version of Scott, it would be so much fun if this was the boy version of Hailey...I think he just might be :)
With mommy- giving a little sleepy smirk
His arms are so long they didn't even fit in the take home outfit we brought him to wear. That and the fact that everyone thought he was going to be a 6 pounder....not 8! Pretty funny 
Pictures first, story last right? :)
The Birth Story
With my girls I had no signs of labor and then 2 nights of heavy contractions and viola they were here. And Scott was the same- nothing until my water broke then he was born that day. Well this little guy was quite different because I had been having contractions for weeks that were even steady like every 10 minutes for an hour and then nothing for days. So I have had my hopes up for weeks that I was going to meet him and then would get disappointed when nothing happened. It was slow and steady like that which shouldn't surprise us since it took us 6 months to get pregnant with him! Lol
Monday I was in major cleaning mode cleaning the house and then hastled Kevin to start organizing and cleaning the garage that still hasn't been unpacked yet. I was sitting in a camp chair in the garage watching Kevin and Arianna came up to me. She put her hand on my belly, looked right up at me and said, "(Inhale excited) He's comin!" I said, "He's coming?" and she said in an excited voice "Yeah! He's comin!" giggled and ran off. I got the goose bumps for sure.
So that night we went to bed pretty late around 11 pm and I woke up at 2 am with some pretty strong contractions lasting a minute or so. So I told Kevin I would wake him up if it got serious and I went out to the living room. I timed contractions coming every 10 minutes for almost 2 hours when my water broke at 3:50 am! I was so excited because then I knew he wasn't going to trick me this time- I really was going to meet him! So I woke Kevin up and at this point the contractions were every 5 minutes so we decided to head to the hospital. (this is around 5 am) I was a 4 when I got there and within 2 hours I was already an 8 and got the epi and all that good stuff :) but after that things really slowed down because just like ALL my kids, he was sunny side up and not able to drop down all the way. So with lots of help from the doctor trying to turn him around and another 2 hours later it was finally time to meet this little guy. We were seriously shocked when he weighed 8 pounds! Our biggest and shortest baby of the bunch. The cord was wrapped a little bit around his neck kinda like a sweater they said. He is such a sweetie and we are sooooo excited he's finally here!!!