Hailey's favorite thing to do is sit up on my dresser where all my makeup is and try on lip glosses while I do her hair. She's so content up there-tonight she even let me put curlers in! 
This is what happens to a boy who has outgrown naps but clearly needs one now and then. It was quieter than usual for his "quiet time" and so I was going to go down to his room to check on him. That's when I saw him passed out on the living room floor. He didn't move from this position for about an hour. Too cute!
We have been trying to do fun things in this horribly cold weather! One really fun thing we do almost daily is go outside and "paint" in the snow. I bought some really big $1 squirt bottles at the store and then filled them up with water and lots of food coloring. The kids have a blast spraying their colored water and making pictures all over in the snow.
And then of course there's the bath paints with shaving cream and food coloring is always a big hit
Last week I decided to make the kids go on a scavenger hunt. I buried a box with some stickers and candy and then hid strips of paper with clues (pictures) around our backyard, front yard and around the near houses. They thought it was so fun. At the end they had to drive Scott's John Deere to the mailbox and then to the neighbor's basketball hoop and then back to our front yard where they followed the snow tracks to find the box. The only problem with all the fun was that it wasn't quite enough. They asked me if they could do it again and again. (apparently not realizing the work it took for their 9 month pregnant mom to go running around the neighborhood hiding things!)
Luckily they have such a great dad who came up with a great idea to hide toys all over in the backyard under the snow and then draw a map showing where each thing was. They marked each spot with their handy colored squirt bottles and then the next day they got to use their map and dig up all the treasures.
Let me also point out that Kevin is still in his work clothes. I realize most husbands and fathers need some de-stress time when they get home from work and probably 90% of them plop right in front of the tv. Not Kevin-he is absolutely wonderful at taking the kids right off my hands the minute he walks through the door, especially if I'm still making dinner. Thanks babe!