June 11, 2009

Kevin went out east for a work trip on Sunday, so I packed up the kids Monday morning and headed to Sunny Las Vegas for a week of swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We always come in June because Candice is done teaching, and it's not too hot yet Grandpa with the girlies- Look at all those big blue eyes!
Hailey and Mia swimming
Hailey lays on this first step on her belly- too cute! We have to watch her so closely though because every time we go outside, she takes off her clothes and climbs in the pool. She LOVES to swim and is such a little fish!
Hailey was looking at me through the orange cone, so I stuck the lens in and snapped a picture- look at her orange face! :)
Laying out at the pool...
My little shark
So far I haven't been able to take very many pictures of Scott because once Grandpa is home I don't even see him until it's bedtime. He loves to follow him around and hangout. On Tuesday night I let Scott stay up until 9 pm (a whole hour past bedtime-what a nice mom) to swim with Grandpa
Giving Grandpa a drink with the squirt gun
Scott's swimming skills and attitude have improved so much! Last June he wouldn't even stick his feet in the pool, and this year he is out in the deep end with us with his inner tube! Yeah Scott!
Grandma helped Scott make a fort- pretty fun!
Here's a short video of Hailey racing Scott around. She loves this little push car
Hailey's pigtails that lasted 5 minutes
Hailey's bangs are always in her eyes, so Grandma gave her a haircut (her first one since mommy buzzed it when she was 4 months old-haha)
Pretty girl!
Hailey and Mia eating lunch. Mia would tap her sippy cup and Hailey would copy. Then Mia was holding her fork in her mouth by the handle and Hailey followed. They thought it was pretty funny.
Playing in the yard with Grandma
My sister Bre came from California last night and brought her two dogs. Scott has been having a blast playing catch and chasing them around. After a long morning they are all ready for a rest

It's hard not to come to Vegas, where I spent 17 years of my life, and not want to see and spend time with all my friends, but I've always been a home-body because I love my family. Especially when all the kids where I live get to see their grandparents every week, I really feel like Scott and Hailey (and me too) need to spend every minute with Grandma and Grandpa while we are here so- just a random little note I guess to let my friends know that even if I don't see them when I'm here, I still think of them all the time

I'll post more pictures in a few days I'm sure! : )