December 21, 2018

Scott's 13th Birthday!!!

I officially have a teenager. What the what?!! 
Just for fun I decided to tape up his door so he would have to walk through the "threshold of teenager-hood" when he woke up. 
His school has a policy against decorating lockers, but I still snuck in there for a few minor surprises :)
  Second year in a row he's asked for a lemon cake. The other kids believe it or not think it's too sweet, but it's Scott's favorite and his day- so that's what he got! 
 Time for presents!
 Love his face here- so cute!
 Dad got him a motor so the two of them can build a go-cart or something fun together. I'm not sure whose more excited, Scott or Kevin :)
 It was a great day for a great kid. 

Scott is still into building stuff. He's loving middle school and gets straight As even in his honors classes. He's also working really hard to get his Eagle. He has 18 merit badges and just earned his 1st class rank. His love right now is skiing, and he's already passed me up by a long way on his skills. It came so natural to him which is awesome. I think he prefers individual sports like skiing and rock climbing since he doesn't have a competitive bone in his body (unless he's arguing his point with me...might possibly need to look into debate club lol)
Scott is such a sweetie and such a good kid. I get comments all the time from teachers and adults and complete strangers about his politeness and disposition. He just graced the world with that gift, I don't know what else to say. I do feel strongly that his sensitivity and tender heart is a gift and I know it does and will continue to bless everyone he encounters in life. He is such a blessing in my life and in our family. We sure love you to pieces Scott- Happy 13th Birthday!!