We started off the school year busy. Ari took her first trip to the emergency room with what I thought was appendicitis, but she has something called mesenteric adenitis, which I guess is a fancy word for lymph nodes inflamed in her belly. So that took about 3 weeks to heal up and her poor tummy just started feeling better this week. Just in time for her to break her arm... She was playing out in the front yard practicing her soccer skills and she rolled her foot over the ball and fell backwards catching herself with her arm. Broke her ulna bone.
The ortho said she had to have hit her arm on the yard curbing because you don't generally break that bone without hitting it against something hard. But she doesn't remember hitting it on anything, and she didn't even have a scratch, bruise or really swell at all. She slept that night and when I looked at it the next morning it just didn't look straight to me so I called her in an appointment. It was definitely broken and they had to set it. She was one tough cookie for sure. I had Kevin meet us and she held his hand but she didn't even cry. She was in quite a bit of pain the first week but things are looking up now. She'll be in the cast for 6-8 weeks
I have to post these pictures because, call me a mean mom, but I thought this was the funniest thing ever. But to my credit these were BRAND new school shoes and the first time he wore them. So in my defense I could have yelled at him and been mad. But instead I chose to laugh and take a picture. I'm pretty sure he was saying "MOM!" like as in "Mom how can you be taking a picture of this right now when I'm this upset!?"
I packed lunches and took the kids up the canyon to feed the ducks and this happened literally 5 seconds after we got there. And his poor little foot just sunk into the mud. We washed them out in the river, but I still had to carry him the rest of the time so I'm glad we didn't decide to hike the trail that day.
My girls are so creative. Ari made this little "kite" for her helmet so when she's riding her bike it flies behind her. But of course we are taking a break from bikes until the cast comes off unfortunately.
And one Saturday her and Hailey made this entire doll house from cardboard and magazines. They cut out all the barbie furniture and everything it was so cute!
I'm always taking pictures and posting Jay in his many different costumes but I never get sick of it. I love how he loves to dress up it's the best! :)
And I took this picture as a "before" pick when Scott went in to get his braces on. His teeth are pretty straight, but he does have a bad overbite that needs to get fixed and just some minor things. Well after finding out the drama with braces and MRIs, we decided to go with invisalign. It actually ended up costing the same with the promotion they had, and where he doesn't have a lot to fix, it was a good fit. So it takes a month or so to get all the trays ready. He gets them on next week actually! He was beyond stoked he didn't have to get metal on before school started.