Oh my gosh! I can't believe we are towards the end of October already! Where the heck does time go seriously?? I'm like 2 months behind so watch out this is a long one!
Hailey had a field trip and Jay and I got to go! I always tell the teachers I'm happy to volunteer anytime, but I have a sidekick always. Sometimes they take me up on it, sometimes not. Jay was absolutely thrilled for his first bus ride!
We went to Antelope Island which was just beautiful!
Hailey's class with her sweet teacher Mrs. Pugh
We went on a small hike and the kids got to climb all over the rocks which scared the parents a lot more than the teachers...but they do this every year so we trusted they knew what they were doing lol
Then they had lunch and played in the water for an hour or so trying to find brine shrimp! Super fun!
Arianna has been busy with soccer and dance. Her dance company decided to do a float for the Utah State homecoming game. The little girls all got to ride on the float while the bigger girls danced on the street
(back row with the earmuffs)
Ari thought it was totally awesome of course!
Ari had a break over the spring from soccer, but wanted to come back for Fall and she did awesome this year! She must have came back ready to play hard. She even scored 7 goals! I just have to laugh because Arianna has a very competitive spirit (which most people probably wouldn't guess) So she scored her first goal EVER and was so proud of herself! I told Kevin "now that she knows what that feels like I bet she gets another goal in this game" And she did! lol She scored 2 goals at each of 3 games and then one at another. It was really cute how excited big Sis Hailey was for her. Like genuinely so thrilled that Ari got her first goal!
Then the last few games she was more into doing handstands then scoring goals. Seriously. Funniest picture ever. This is in the middle of the game people!!!
This is my dearest friend Sarra. She was visiting SLC from Missouri and I got to go hang out with her for the day one Saturday. Seriously wouldn't have missed it for anything! I miss this girl!
Hiking Ensign Peak
My mom also came at the end of September and I drove her up to Rexburg. On the way up to Rexburg we stopped in Blackfoot to visit my Grandma Rosie in the nursing home. It was really sad, but I'm glad I got to hold her hand and sit with her. Last time we went she was in a deep sleep so it was good. Then we went up to Rexburg to spend the day with my Aunt Patty and Grandma Lill! Grandma was so excited to see us it was the cutest thing ever. She was dancing and giggling and saying she was so excited when she saw us pulling up that she ran to the door. I was sad I had to go back home, my mom got to stay a few more days.
When my mom picked up her rental to drive back to our house in Cache Valley they asked her if she would "mind" taking this challenger! Um...who gets free upgrades! Lucky girl! Kevin was out of town for a week so we took full advantage the day Grandma came back! I had to be at 3 places at once, so Grandma took Hailey and another teammate to a game 30 minutes away in this fun car. The next time I did carpool I apologized for the mini van...not exactly as fun!
These two I tell you...like two peas in a pod. Just shows you how much Ari loves animals that she was willing to lay on the floor. Wouldn't most people just kick the cat off the couch? :)
Hailey's fall season of soccer is over as well. Hers was a little longer since it's competitive. And they plan to start back up just after the holidays with indoor during the winter.
Hailey did awesome this season! It's a tough transition going from scoring 2-3 goals a game to really close tough games! She managed to score 1 which was pretty dang awesome because like I said, they have actual goalies and the teams are so evenly matched!
Hailey is the smallest on her team and the girls they play are giant seriously! All the girls on Hailey's team are turning 10 this year, Hailey being the youngest since her birthday is in December. But since there aren't enough teams to play that are competitive, they play 12 year old teams! What!? Crazy I tell you. Makes the parents very nervous but they're a tough team and hold their own. I think they only lost 2 games this season, both against a brutal U12 team.
Still love lazy Sundays especially when Jay wants to cuddle up with me and falls asleep! I wouldn't trade those moments for anything!!
I don't know why I think this is the cutest thing ever this little boy in his jammies brushing his teeth. Getting so big!!
Even cuter when he can't reach the sink :)
Okay then we got to deal with pink eye! First time for this house! One time we thought Hailey had it but it ended up being something else. So Jay woke up one morning with one swollen eye. I gave him the prescription we had from when we thought Hailey had it since it was a Sunday and I didn't want to pay 3 times the cost for after hours. When I took him in Monday morning the pediatrician said good thing I started him on it the drops the day before because he would have ended up in the ER. For some reason he just got a REALLY bad case.
He had red eyes for over a week even after the eye drops! Even though he technically wasn't contagious, we were getting so many frantic looks I had him wear glasses at the store when we had to run errands lol
Crazy sock and hair day
Scott is a busy 6th grader I tell ya...
Showing off his new glasses
Picture I snuck of Scott, his best friend and the two girls they brought over to hang out in our patio. First time bringing girls over...I have to document! (Even if they were all four on different electronics Hahaha. He said they were playing all together one game)
Video of their student council performance at the last assembly. It's kind of hard to find him. He's on the very left starting in the back and then moves to the front when they jump off the stage. I was so proud of him for even doing it! He was so nervous!
Student Council from Nicole on Vimeo.
The first few days after we got grass the kids would go out and do their homework outside. I don't blame them they've waited a long time!!
This was a cute 3-D card Hailey made. I love the bottom when she says "(which took longer than usual)" haha! We bought this house over 5 years ago so yeah, I would say that's a little longer than usual ;) funny girl.
These are the only 2 pictures I could dig up as "before" pictures of the backyard.
Yard Before
Patio Before
And here's some pictures of the finished yard! The rock isn't completely spread out in these first two of the patio, but look at my pretty lights! :)
Grass!!! YAY!!!