Our first day of school!
Scott is in the 6th grade this year! They added 6th grades to all the elementary schools here so we are thrilled about that! It works the same as it did in 5th grade: they have a home room teacher and then they rotate to other teachers for each subject. His home room teacher is Mrs. Wirthlin which is completely awesome! Hailey and Ari both had her for kinder.
Scott is also in the student council this year. The teachers nominate the top 10 or so boys and girls that they think make good choices and are good examples to the rest of the school. So they got to welcome in all the kids on the first day. They also do a lot of assemblies and go into classrooms and teach about bullying and other topics. Scott was a nervous wreck the night before school but so far he has been loving it! (2nd one in on the boys side)
This silly girl is in 4th this year. We had a lot of our favorite teachers either retire or move schools or grades with the new changes. Hailey has Mrs. Pugh and we love her already! It's going to be a great year! The first time I had a 4th grader I didn't think I would make it through the year. The workload is a lot and it's just a hard year. I know it will be a stretch for Hailey but she is self-motivated this girl! I can already tell it's going to be a breeze :)
Ari moved on up to the 2nd grade and has some new teachers we don't know as well. She gets two teachers Mrs. Meacham and Mrs. Stettler and they share the day. So she gets one teacher in the morning and one in the afternoon. So far so good! Ari loves school. She has already checked out every book at the library on cats :)
So mean they make the preschoolers wait almost 3 weeks after the elementary kids. Jay could hardly stand it! He was so excited to go back to the same preschool he went last year. This year Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. His new teacher was so cute she said, "Remember me Jay? I loved you last year and always wished I was your teacher and this year I get to be!" :) Jay is such a social bug. All his friends and teachers were very excited to have him back
This was the first day of school for everyone but Jay and he told me he wanted a date with me. His favorite place to eat is Costa Vida which has been since he could eat solid foods! It was cute though he told me that dad could NOT come because we have never had a "date". When I told him yes huh we go to lunch all the time he said, "Na uh! Dad always comes!" haha. So he got his way and we went just the two of us :)
That's it! Here's to a great school year!

