Oh this girl...She's something else! lol
This first month of summer we have spent lots of time enjoying our grass in the front yard, swimming and splashing around in the backyard, digging in our sandbox, taking swimming lessons, playing at the pool, getting our garden planted, and spending lots of time in nature.
We live in one of the most beautiful places ever, and I wanted to make a goal to go hiking or get up to the mountains once a week. This particular day we walked the Logan River Trail and I printed off a little scavenger hunt onto bags so they could collect things. They thought it was pretty fun
When I heard about a lego robotics camp for 4th grade and up, I knew Scott would go crazy for it. Of course it filled up in the first 5 minutes, but after continually checking the site I must have nabbed up someone's spot who cancelled and he got in! It was every day this last week for 3 hours! I was worried about if they made it fun because 3 hours is a long time, but let me tell you- this kid LOVED IT!!!
Scott is very relaxed and laid back...he doesn't talk a whole lot either, but every day when I picked him up he was bouncing up and down in his seat and couldn't stop talking. Especially the first day he was going on and "Mom! Do you even realize how expensive these parts are? And there are like 20 groups!" I told him that's the benefit of a college because they get a lot of grants and things to buy cool stuff to learn on ;)
They invited the parents on one of the days to come see the progress. They had a little obstacle course to test on, and then they would go back to the computer to tweak their programming to make it better.
Very Cool! I'm afraid Christmas just got a lot more expensive! haha