June 1, 2015

Friday was the last day of school!! 
Yippee!
This is what gets me...This was Scott and Hailey on the first day of school. They look the same, but so much more mature by the last day of school. It's crazy! I can't believe they are done with school already! We have had so much going on that the school months really just flew for us!
 Scott had a rough year this year, and he wouldn't have made it without his wonderful teacher Mrs. Bowman. I can't say enough good things about her. She is amazing. She was his mom away from home and that's what he needed this year. Especially for those 3 months that he was caved into the classroom and wasn't allowed to be bumped. She did such a great job protecting him! :) 
This was our second year with Miss Jensen because Scott had her for 1st too. She was so perfect for Hailey. Hailey told me almost weekly how she had the best 1st grade teacher and was so lucky. She is so tenderhearted and just an outstanding teacher! The coolest thing our school does on the last day (or 2nd to the last this year) they tell all the kids which class they will be in for the next year. They all go see where the classroom is, meet the teacher, and see who is in their class before letting out for the summer. Hailey is super excited that she is going to have the same teacher Scott had for 2nd too just like 1st! But she came home mad and told me the teacher said Scott was her favorite student haha. I said, "Oh Hailey that's okay! You can be her favorite too!"
I tried to think of something fun to do since school let out at noon, but I knew all the fun places to eat and play around town would be busy. I packed us a picnic lunch along with a bag of bread and we went up the canyon for lunch and feeding ducks.
 We may have been attacked by a dog or two which is Jay's worst enemy...so that's why he is holding so tightly to Hailey's legs lol
 Scott told me to stick the camera in the tree branch and set the timer...not too bad!
When Dad got home we packed up another picnic and went up to Green Canyon, ate dinner and built a fire to roast marshmallows. It was really fun! We literally live minutes from the mountains. I told Kevin we will have to go either hiking or build a fire every week this summer. 
Here's to a great summer!