April 6, 2015

 Spring Break Fun!

We decided to stick around Cache Valley and work on our yard. Kevin took the week off and has been doing most the work on the yard while the kids have been just enjoying the warm weather. (In my defense I was majorly sick for the first 4 days of Spring Break. After that I kicked my but into workhorse mode to make up for it!) 
Jay thoroughly enjoyed being outside with Dad, and rarely left his side. It was pretty funny the other day my neighbor brought over a screw driver and sprinkler part and said, "Your apprentice dropped his tools in the road" I thought that was pretty funny because he was truly by Kevin's side talking and asking him questions about what he was doing all week :)

To make Spring Break more fun, we squeezed in one "fun" thing each day.
Monday I needed to get groceries, so our "fun" was pizza for lunch at Sams Club lol
Tuesday we met some friends at the Jump Zone
This was our first time going, and the kids had a blast! Scott and Hailey were good to go after an hour, but Arianna could have stayed all day if she had the choice! :)
Wednesday we went on a very brisk bike ride to the park where I pretended to have a phone call from the school which decided to cancel spring break. The kids all burst into tears when I told them the school needed them back for testing the rest of the week. Then I yelled out April Fools and did a dance. I can't believe they actually believed me! haha (mean Mom!)
We also built a fire in our backyard at night which is always fun!
Thursday I took the kids to a movie and Dad took them bowling too.
Friday we all went to Baby Animal Days
Jay and Scott holding baby ducks. Jay was in heaven. It was just adorable!
Kevin stood in line to see the baby bears for an hour, while I walked around with the kids. Scott loves to carry Scott around on his shoulder and it just cracks me up
Especially from the back lol
The kids had fun in the little cabins
and playing pioneer games
They even had candy shoot out of a cannon, and after that we were next in line to see the baby bears! So cute!!
After that we went to lunch and then to pick up some trees for our yard and spent the rest of the afternoon and into the late evening planting them. We had to dig huge holes which took forever because of all the rock. Scott jumped right in helping sift all the rock. He was such a hard little worker and did it completely voluntary so I said, "Scott I'm sure Dad would be more than happy to pay you for helping." He said "Really? What do you think? A dollar per tree?" (there were 3 trees total) I had to explain to him what he's worth (and especially if it's Dad paying). He worked from 3 pm all the way until 9 pm without complaining or stopping except for a very quick bite to eat. I'd say that was worth way more than 3 bucks! He was thrilled Dad gave him $20. $5 per tree plus extra for a few other things he did.
Saturday we did the last finishing touches raking out the rest of the rock and getting it all ready for curbing and sod in the next few weeks. Look at all the rocks that came out of our yard! Seriously!
Notice Jay's shirt says, "Me + Bro = The Awesome Duo"
And then after a few more hours of work, and being tired from his 6 hours of labor the day before...Scott finally crashed. lol
It wasn't a fun family vacation by any means, but the satisfaction of a yard almost complete is pretty awesome I won't lie. ;)

Scott also had an appointment down at Primary Children's today. We were suppose to do the MRI and see the doctor today, but had to reschedule with the doctor, so today was just the MRI. I will update next week after the doctor visit with the latest.