Kevin has been working a lot of hours lately, and decided to give me a much needed break from kids to my sister Brooke's house while he stayed home! I told the kids that the real plan was for them to spend time with Dad and that the only way I could get that to happen was by leaving town. lol
We had a weekend in SLC planned in October which just happened to be the exact same time we found out about Scott's condition. So we cancelled our trip and Brooke used her ticket to come watch the kids for us while we were at Primary Childrens. It ended up being a huge blessing in the end to have her with my kids during our time of need!
I feel like because I was the first one to have kids, I never got to be that Aunt that comes to "save the day", play with the kids, help around the house, etc. because lets face it- when I come to town with my four kids in tow it's not really a break for the host! Ha!
I told Kevin I wanted to drive to Brookes (6 hours of peace and quiet), play with the girls and get to know them better, and of course have fun with my Sista and try to repay her for all the times she has saved me!
I told Kevin I wanted to drive to Brookes (6 hours of peace and quiet), play with the girls and get to know them better, and of course have fun with my Sista and try to repay her for all the times she has saved me!
Oh AND he used his points to get me a rental car- so that made it extra fun!
Marlee and Laya are such cuties!! And really Laya could totally pass off as being mine with all that dark hair. She is such a cuddle bug! So sweet!
We played with the girls, did some shopping, took a really fun pilates class, made some meals and some cookies, organized a few rooms in her house and just had fun hangin out! I would love to have my own organizing business some day. I think it's so much fun to organize things....I'm crazy I know.
Sisters are the best!
And... it was just nice to have 6 hours of driving each way to think about all the things that have been a bit crazy in my life during the past few months. I feel like we had to be so strong for Scott and everyone around us that I never really worked through my feelings. I will leave it at that- it was just nice to do some thinking on the road.
To be continued in San Diego in May with all four of us and Mom! Can't Wait! :)






