Hurray for Summer!
I love the summer! Reason being that I get to play with my kids all day with no schedules. I am trying not to think about how badly I will miss Hailey eating lunch with me next year!
Friday was the last day of school for Scott and it was HOT! We don't have a blow up pool, slip and slide, or water table, so we got out coolers, bowls and even the sleds for the girls to stay cool. lol. They had so much fun making the slide into a water slide, and just playing in the cool water.
(note my cute little garden growing in the back :) I have never spent so much time on a garden in our married life....lets pray it gives me something in return!)
Even though we don't really have grass (99% weeds), the kids have lived in the backyard ever since it warmed up. They absolutely love our sandbox and Arianna could play in there all day if I let her.
So once Scott got home on his last day I surprise him with a cooler full of water balloons. We divided them up and played a few fun games of "catch into a bowl" and things like that and then Scott and I had a huge water fight with buckets of water and the garden hose....always fun ;)
Such a cutie! I love this kid!
Kevin worked some of Memorial Day, but when he got off we headed up to the mountains for some fun. It is soooo nice that we literally live miles from the mountains. I love it! We are going to take advantage this year I hope with lots of camping trips. This time we just went up Green Canyon and grilled some hamburgers and roasted marshmallows.
Look at this cute profile...awhh! :)
The kids stayed busy collecting sticks for the firewood as usual. They love it. If your kids are bickering and fighting, bring them up to the mountains seriously! They are always so loving and just have a blast together when we go.
Sweet Arianna- she was just having a blast (especially eating about 15 marshmallows lol)
We went for a little walk and Jay got the best seat in the house. Then it was time to go home and clean up those dirty kids in the tub. It was a fun night for sure!