We spent Christmas here with our small family and I loved it. I have always been a home-body and have never needed lots of friends and stuff going on. I like it quiet and quaint! :)
Christmas Eve Dinner (love Scott...didn't even notice until I saw this picture on my camera-goof ball!)
I debated doing the tradition of cornish hens because I was cooked all of Thanksgiving dinner myself too, but then decided it just wouldn't be the same. We always did that growing up, and this is the 11th year Kevin and I have done it together too.
Then of course the 1 present opened on Christmas Eve. Scott said, "Mom I think I know what it is...jammies!" with a smug face and I said, "What makes you think that? Because you have gotten jammies every year now for 8 years?" lol
lol
Jay was in bed so he didn't get in on the new jammies pic.
new slippers too :)
We read from the scriptures in Luke and watched the Nativity
Scott and Hailey could barely wait
Christmas Morning!
I remember getting a barbie camper from Santa one year. Man they have come a long way in barbie campers! So cool :)
Kevin got Jay his first big wheel
I got the girls dolls to match them complete with a change of clothes to match their personalities. Cooking for Hailey and ballet for Ari
Kevin finally got the welder he has always dreamed of! lol
It was just a really nice enjoyable day!
We even went outside to try out some of the snow toys that I got Scott, and to draw with the snow markers
We left one present upstairs and the kids were so busy they didn't even notice til about 4 pm when I brought it to their attention. I think we are officially the last ones to get an xbox- (or any game device for that matter) but the kids were pretty excited!
This sums up the day- pretty darn awesome!
Every year I come away from Christmas just feeling super blessed to have all that I have, especially to be married to such an amazing guy (my best friend too might I add) and to have these beautiful children who just bring us so much joy and laughter. Life is good!