August 29, 2013

 Tis the season for going back to school, and that also means canning! Hailey and I have been super busy canning 3 big boxes of pears! We did about 21 quarts jars and then dehydrated the rest making about 10 or so quart jars of pear slices. So yummy!

 I usually just do it all one day, but this time we just did a batch each day so that way I still had time to do everything else I had to do. Hailey was getting a bit bored, so I put her to work. She was in charge of getting the seeds and "guts" as we called them out. She took her job very seriously...only a few water breaks and back to business :) She was such a great help! Always is!

We will have a few weeks break before the Brigham City peaches come on and then we will be doing that most of the month of September! I love me some early Alberta peaches!!!!

Well we have been doing some re-arranging around here. I just felt like I needed to have either both the boys downstairs or both the girls downstairs. Not that Hailey and Scott can't be trusted, but it's just hard and when Scott is getting older and wanting more privacy and when he has his friends over too...so we moved him upstairs (where now I can keep an eye -and ear- on him and his friends! lol) and moved Ari downstairs. 
I have had this girl bath stuff for about 3 years just sitting in a box so I got it out and we made the downstairs bath into the girls bath. Since I didn't have much decorations, I let my little artist Hailey draw some paintings. She sat in front of the shower curtain with a clipboard and drew....she is such a little artist. So cute!!
I let Ari paint in the backyard while Hailey was doing her art.
Jay cruisin along the stair railings. The kids like to go on the other side and play games with him
 Such a little ham