Things have been great around here. I'm just excited to see the sky taking all the kids to school this morning. It's been a week, maybe 2 since we have seen blue sky because we've had a huge inversion! Didn't miss that about Cache Valley!
I think it was 2 weekends ago we woke up Saturday morning and decided to go up to Rexburg for the day. Half way there and I realized I didn't bring my camera! Thank goodness for cellphones right?
We didn't even know if we would catch my grandma's and didn't even call- it was just a whim :) We went to my Grandma Lill's and even caught her home alone (which is very very rare lol) so it was fun to spend the early afternoon with her. We begged her to let us take her to lunch, but she insisted we eat all the leftovers in her fridge from the holidays! lol
The kids were awesome all day! They just played and enjoyed themselves without fighting or anything! It was a real treat for sure :) (the famous train that all the grandkids and greatgrandkids play with. I can even remember it as a kid!)
I did send them outside for a few minutes when they got antsy. They love this tire swing, even in the snow!
I miss living in Rexburg and getting to go see my Grandmas anytime I felt like it. I also missed seeing my Grandpas too. Unfortunately both my Grandpas passed away while we were living in Missouri. Luckily right before we moved there we took one last trip to Rexburg to see them. I gave my Grandma Lill and Grandpa LaVall a hug and when I hugged my grandpa I lost it. remember crying as we drove away and Kevin asked what was wrong It just hit me when I hugged my Grandpa that it was going to be the last time I saw him, and I was right....in this life anyway
Being at Grandma's reminded me about bringing Scott to her house each week in college to do laundry. He was an angel baby and we never got a peep out of him, and that was the same way with Jay. He has the same temperament. We were also able to see my Uncle Jeff and his family, so that was fun too.
Then it was off to Grandma Rosies. She had company too- my Aunt Becky and cousin Amy and her daughter. It was fun to just hang out for a bit and visit.
Arianna doesn't usually cuddle up to anybody. She hates strangers and even people she knows she is cautious about, but she could not leave Grandma Rosie alone. It was so cute. Grandma would just be sitting there and Ari would back up to her lap. Grandma said, "I think she has made herself home" it was pretty cute. My Grandma had 10 kids so to say she has a way with children is an understatement lol. :)
I was so glad to get to go up to Rexburg, even if it was just for the afternoon. I just wanted Jay to get to meet his Grandmas :)
On the way out of town we drove the kids up to see the LDS Rexburg Temple. I have to say that Ari is completely obsessed with temples and church. She begs us every day to go to church and we have to tell her she has to wait until Sunday. She has always seemed to have a sensitive little spirit and has been in tune with all things spiritual. So we were in the car of course and she thought she was going to get to go inside. We told her we weren't able to go in and she lost it and bawled and bawled. "I want to go in the temple!" "I want to go in!" She got to go through the Kansas City and the Brigham City temples, so she obviously missed the spirit she felt there. It was really sweet.
And one closing note: I love this little guy!!







