June 30, 2012

We have officially survived a month of living like this LOL :) No really though the kids have been sleeping great. Most days I have to pull the blinds and wake them up at 8:30 for swim lessons!
We closed on our new house Friday and now the real work begins. We'll be continuing to live the suitcase life while we work on the house (I really should say while Kevin works on the house...I'm not any help these days)
Scott and Hailey completed their swim lessons this last week. They both passed their levels and Scott got to skip over the next level and Hailey got to skip over the next 2 levels...so they did awesome this year! We have really been enjoying the location of our apartment. Every morning they get into their swim gear and we walk across the street for swim and when we need something at Walmart, we walk there too. Ari missed out on swim lessons, but every day afterwards we stayed to swim for a few hours so she still got in on the fun :)
Last weekend we decided to take a break and drive to Buhl Idaho for the weekend. We love this place! Absolutely gorgeous and the kids love it!
 
 
 There are 3 garden plots that the kids have made their sandboxes. I sat outside in the shade (possibly even took a little nap) while Hailey played one day for 2 hours in that sandbox!
 and of course fishing!
 Ari had so much fun wheeling it in over and over and over... so cute :)
 Saturday night we stayed out until 10 pm. I caught this fish and then Scott caught one, so he just wouldn't leave until he beat me. Luckily he got another right before we left :)
Fishing is the only thing I have seen Hailey not enjoy LOL She would rather play with the worms :)
Scott reeling in his 2nd fish
We let Scott drive the farm truck once we got through the gate. He's not too great at steering (luckily we were only going 2 miles per hour) but I told him to watch out or he was going to hit a tree and he said, "Excuse me! Not on my watch we won't!"
How funny is that? :)
playing in the water some more.
Hailey loves to get a running speed and fly over the top and belly flop into the pool. She thinks she's pretty cool. Ari is the ultra cautious type but wants to do what sister does so she says, "Watch me! Watch me!" and she runs, stops completely at the pool, carefully steps over and sits in the pool and smiles. lol
Scott didn't spend any time the 2nd day in the pool and said all he wanted to do was fish. After a while Kevin took him out to the pond behind the house. They were out for 3 hours and I think Scott caught 5 fish. He is so competetive though and didn't want to leave since Kevin caught more. Once I reminded him about the 2 the night before he was good to leave.
Don't you just love the Mary Poppins umbrella LOL
Monster blue gill Scott caught!!
washing off the sand toys
Well that's about it! Swim lessons are over and this week is the 4th of July which is always fun in Cache Valley. We tie dyed some shirts blue and red on Friday to wear and that was fun.
After this week I'm planning on taking the kids to Vegas while Kevin paints the new house and installs wood floors. I only feel kinda bad since I painted our entire Missouri house, plus I'm pregnant so that's a good excuse too :)