This past week we spent without Dad. He was in Logan Utah for work and we finally got the snow-storm the kids have been praying for :) Of course school was cancelled, but it was way too cold to play outside that day. The next day I shoveled all the driveway snow into a big pile and they had a blast. It was like a big giant snow sand box :)
Ari stuck with the sidewalk chalk inside the garage (smart girl)
For Valentine's Day it was a date with Mom. We got a heart pizza from Papa Murphys, some IBC rootbeers, and had a picnic dinner infront of the fireplace. Pretty fun I have to say....might have to make that one a tradition.
Don't worry, we snuck some Valentine's into Dad's luggage, and he left me with these to enjoy all week while he was gone :) I had to make a few jokes with him because he's not a traditional flowers and chocolate kind of guy (and I LOVE that about him). I guess he finally gave in to the commercialism after 9 years LOL
We only get to spend a few days with Dad before he has to go back to Logan, so we made sure we spent it wisely. There are some caves only like 15 minutes from us called Fantastic Caverns so we decided to take the kids over there on Saturday.
There's only a handful of caves in the country you can drive through-so it was pretty cool. Kevin, Scott and Hailey got to sit up in the front and you can see me, Ari (and her puppy) to the left of the neon yellow/green lady.
I learned something new too - the formations in the cave looked just like sea shells to me and I guess they are made out of the same thing, calcium carbonate...pretty cool
playing around in the gift shop- our 3 explorers :)
Scott and Ari...so cute
Afterwards we played at a park until we got rained out, then ate at our family favorite resturaunt-Texas Roadhouse. It was a really fun family date
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)




