February 20, 2012

I guess I'll officially announce our big news since we've been hiding it for months. We are moving back to Logan Utah!
I think it was the end of November when Kevin was at a training and his boss pulled him aside and said the engineer at the Logan plant was moving up in the company and they wanted Kevin to take over his position there. Contrary to what you might think, we actually weren't jumping up and down. It took almost a month to officially feel good about it. We really really love it here in Missouri. We thought we would be here about 5 years for Kevin to get the experience he needed, but then when we started to love it we really didn't have a time frame at all. I have never loved a place more than I love it here, really. The people here are amazing and it's just a beautiful place to live. (Kevin says "Yeah you say that but wait until tornado season is back"...true)  But it will be really good for our family to be back in Utah where we are closer to both sides of the family, and it will be a great experience for Kevin too. So that's why there's been so much back and forth to Logan Utah....Kevin has started that job there and continuing to work the job here until the end of May. For our newly formed Branch and also for Scott's school, we really felt strongly about waiting until then to move. They have half day kindergarten in Utah, so I think it would be really hard for Scott to go from full day to half day like that. So these next few months are going to be busy to say the least, and we also have so many places to see too like Navoou and Independence and the Kansas City temple open house and dedication too...all before we move the end of May!