Scott is 6 years old today!
At home measurements: 47.75 inches (grew 2 1/2 inches)
55.4 pounds (gained 8.4 pounds)
Scott is such a sweetheart, we can barely believe he's already 6 today! We went to Wendys for lunch today (his favorite) and I was telling him the whole story of how he was born and how my water broke while we were Christmas shopping in Dillards, how he was a breach and cesarean baby and how his Grandma and Aunt Brooke got to hold him when he was just a minute old. He was grinning ear to ear the entire time just loving every minute of the story. Speaking of grinning- he lost another tooth (actually he had me pull it and thanked me) and now has 2 missing teeth in the bottom front.
Scott is wiser than his years, although sometimes it gets him into trouble like the other day when I was having a talk with him about disrespecting his mom and how little kids can't be doing that he said, "Well I'm not a little kid anymore" with quite the sassiness. I said, "Are you 20?" and he looked at me puzzled, "no..." I said, "Than you are still little." LOL
Scott has been learning so much this year being in full day kindergarten and we have been really enjoying all his story and note writing. He is really into building things still, especially legos and things like that where he can read instructions and put it together himself. He's just a cutie pie and he's still my love bug- I love that he's still my cuddler. :)
I tell all the kids they can have a "friends" birthday party when they get into kindergarten, and Scott wanted me to throw him a SPIDER party, which we decided to turn into a bug party.
(Banner I made -Thanks Lyndsie!)
Spider cake- I really make the cakes for them just to see their reactions- Scott thought this was the coolest thing ever! Every time Ari walked by it she would say, "Eww"
When the kids got to the party they got to do a little art project which was making spiders and caterpillars with egg cartons and fun things like glitter glue :)
After that we played a spider race relay (the crab walk) I didn't get any pictures because I was on one of the teams to make it even. We had 9 kids all together and none of the parents stayed which I loved because Kevin and I got to be goofs :)
Then we played "hot spider" where the kids passed around this gross spider to "There aint no bugs on me" and when the music stopped whoever was holding it was out.
They were REALLY into this! We had to play like 3 times
Down to 2 players...
and the winner!
Then we had some bug target practice with silly string. Bug target before:
Birthday boy in action
Bug target after (and that's just what got on the target not my floors and walls! LOL)
We had beautiful 50 degree weather today which I was excited about because that meant we got to do the bug hunt outside! 5 teams of pairs with bug nets set out to find 110 bugs in the backyard. So much fun!
Then it was time to sing to the birthday boy!
I loved Scott's cute little blushed face while all his friends sang to him. (His best friend Nolan sharing the seat with him)
We saved the spider cake for us later and let the kids make and decorate cute spider cupcakes
It was so much fun and we had a LOT of compliments from the kids so that made all the hard work worth it :)
Scott and I decided from the very beginning to not have friends bring birthday presents to the party because we just wanted them to come have fun, and there will be plenty of presents from family. Scott was totally cool with the idea- loved it!
After all his friends left, Ari woke up from her nap and we cleaned up- it was time for PRESENTS!
Ari got him a few books and an aluma wallet (he can recite the entire infomercial), Hailey got him this super cool cross bow from Bass Pro (with suction cups-not the real thing!), and Kev and I got him a really big harbour lego set.
Thanks Grammy, Grandpa & Grandma and all the aunts- you guys are awesome!
He sat at the table in his room for hours putting together the lego harbour and at about 9 pm we told him he needed to go to bed (an hour past bedtime). He's like, "You guys go ahead, I'm going to stay up and finish this." :) He just sat there with the little instructions putting it together. Finally we talked him into it and boy did he crash- what a day!