December 22, 2011

Last Saturday night our Republic Branch had a little Christmas party and I was in charge of the program, so of course I enlisted the help of some youngsters. I wish the wise men were in this picture, they were so adorable! Scott got to be Joseph and Hailey got to be the angel.
 She obviously secretly wanted to be Mary because she's been dressing up as Mary all week long. She did this last year too- so precious :)
Hailey has been saying some hilarious stuff lately like the other day she griped, "I wish Santa didn't have a naughty list!" LOL
Now for the really funny one, which helped me be aware of what I'm listening to around the kids. We were on our way home from taking Scott to school and listening to the country station (pretty much all you have to choose from in Missouri :) and this stupid song was playing that says, "Country girl, shake it for me girl..." So we're driving and Hailey asked, "Mom- what's a country girl?" I was like, "Oh you know, like a cowgirl...she rides horses and all of that." Then she said, "What does 'Shake it' mean?" I said, "shake it..you know like dance." And finally like a lightbulb she goes, "OH! So he wants her to dance for him!" Quick! Turn the channel! Oh boy, we're in trouble. LOL

For FHE this last week we watched the Joy to the World video and decorated this gingerbread house...the kids had a blast.  
 Scott worked diligently on his lego harbour until it was finished...complete with a crane and ship and all
 This is classic Ari right here. Sitting in her suitcase wearing a hat and a necklace, dressup skirt and Hailey's boots playing with a barbie. Even funnier that she never lets us take them off so she usually goes to bed with 1 or 2 skirts on...so funny
 Ari and I did some shopping on Tuesday while the other 2 were in school and so I let her walk next to me holding my hand. She seemed like she was walking really slow so I looked down to see what was going on and realized she had been walking around on her tiptoes. She just loves it. The minute she walks into the door, she takes off her shoes and puts on either dress up heels or any pair from my closet. Same goes for the minute she wakes up in the morning.
Here's a video. These are my highest heels and her favorite, but she's a little shy of the camera. Usually she will come just a clomping down the hall- so funny!
Untitled from Nicole on Vimeo.