September 5, 2011

Guess who I talked into coming to visit us?
Untitled from Nicole on Vimeo.

Scott didn't have school on Friday or Monday, so Aunt Brooke decided that was the perfect time to come visit. Hailey, Ari and I picked her up from the airport and then she got to surprise Scott after he got out of school.
We came home and put the kids down for naps and made homemade pretzels with cheese sauce and other goodies for our Twilight marathon for that night :)
Then on Friday morning Brooke and I went running on the beautiful river trail and then the whole crew headed off to the zoo...
Only Brooke will know the true story of these tortoises fighting....hilarious!
Brooke's first time feeding a giraffe :)
Ari's favorite part
After the zoo Kevin watched the kids and Brooke and I had a girls afternoon full of shopping....even got to take the old toyota truck - so much fun!
 Then we met up with Kevin and the kids for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It's my Mom and Dad's tradition and since they couldn't come my Dad wanted Brooke to take us in their honor. Scott and Hailey love this place
 After that Kevin took the kids home to get ready for bed and it was back to our girls night out
First stop- I just had to take Brooke to the batting cages and we had a BLAST! It's 3 days later and I still can't feel my arms....Pretty fun that we can still hit 60 mph pitches though (Oh yeah!) After the batting cages we went to a chick flick, got some frozen yogurt, headed home to redecorate the living room with all the new stuff I bought and finish up some more Twilight Saga :)
Saturday morning Brooke and I ran a 4 1/2 mile loop I've been wanting to do but knew I couldn't without her... felt so awesome and even better to eat some yummy french toast after! :) Then we all headed to the town over to do some Antique shopping for fun and then headed to the pool for some swimming and then after lots of begging from the kids (and coaching from Mom) we went to Wendys for lunch. Saturday night Brooke offered to babysit the kids for us. They had a movie night with popcorn while Kevin and I got to go downtown to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner, went to a movie and out for dessert. I love this guy right here! Today he gave me a ride on his motorcycle and it just brought back all the memories. I always say I fell in love on the back of a motorcycle and can't believe that was 9 years ago this last summer- crazy!
Sunday we did the norm- church and relaxing at home. Today was the sad day when Brooke had to leave us. We woke up to BEAUTIFUL 68-70 degree weather which was perfect for some riding around in the yard on our toys
 Scott leaned in to drive and of course Ari just had to copy...so adorable!
 twins!
 Sad Brooke couldn't stay a bit longer because we had tickets to the last baseball game of the season... all you can eat grub too :)
I told Scott, "You are such a handsome little guy" and he said, "I know I am...you tell me all the time" LOL
 Ari took her first topple while we were at the game over 2 concrete steps! She didn't break the skin but ended up with some major road rash on her four head. I tell you people LOVE kids here and we've got someone bringing ice, someone giving her a cookie, someone giving her a souvenir and some sweet old guy even went to get the mascot Louie to come cheer her up! (I just noticed Hailey's hair LOL ...windy day!)
 You can see her little ouchie on the left...but she's happy with her cookie
 tuckered out, poor thing!
Am I missing anything Brooke? We had the funnest weekend! Thanks for coming and also for watching the kiddos for us Saturday night! We love you!