Look who's in Kindergarten!
Scott started his first day of kindergarten yesterday....FULL day kindergarten!
Scott started his first day of kindergarten yesterday....FULL day kindergarten!
He's been excited for this day all summer and it finally came
His teacher gave him a name tag to wear and everything
Here he is putting his things into his cubby by his classroom
I dropped him off by the classroom door and he looked up at me with big worried eyes, so I walked him over to his desk :) Look how nervous he is! Cutest picture ever. FYI Kevin said that is NOT a nervous look, it's a "I'm a little unsure of this" look :)


I dropped him off around 8:20 and school got out at 3:30
Most of the questions I asked him were answered with, "Mmm..I don't remember" Then I asked him what his favorite thing was from the day and he said art class and then recess was his second favorite. They also sang a really fun bubble gum song and learned about the "recovery chair" that isn't a good thing. When Kevin asked him if his teacher was nice he said, "Yeah I guess so". Then Kevin said, "Did she pay a lot of attention to you?" he said, "Yeah...and she wants us to pay A LOT of attention to her too." I thought that was cute. I'm sure all day it was, "Listen to me, Look at me, Watch me" so to a kindergartner the teacher probably seems kinda needy LOL.
I decided the bus thing is not for a worry mom like me, so I'm going to take him and pick him up each day. On the way I asked him if he was wanting to ride the bus and he said, "No. They have too many rules like 'keep your hands to yourself' and 'don't be loud'" Apparently we don't have those rules in our car.
I had most of my breaking down last night and only cried for a minute when I got home. I worry a lot anyways, so now that someone else has my precious cargo for 7 hours a day I'm entitled to be a little mental. I wanted to go to his school during his lunch and check up on him but I refrained. :) My little guy is growing up!
She was already doing her usual "I don't like my teacher" (before she even got to her first day there) and holding onto my leg
(a little blurry with my phone)
Then she got to find her cubby with her name tag
She was a bit unsure but I said, "Look Hailey you get to pick out an activity on the tables" and she looked over and said, "Bye Mom! See ya!" and waved bye
When I picked her up she talked my ear off all the way home and through lunch. She was in such a great mood and so excited
Arianna already doesn't know what to do with herself on the 2 days a week she gets Mom all to herself for 3 hours. Today wasn't much excitement as we had to go to her doctor checkup, but to her it was pretty cool to have all of Mom's attention. She didn't throw her usual tantrum/fit with the nurses trying to measure, weigh, etc. They had hope that maybe she turned a new leaf :)
22 pounds and 33 inches tall (about 25th percentile for weight and 75-90 for height)
After talking to her pediatrician about only like peaches, pears and crackers, cereal she thinks she has a texture problem that needs to be worked on with therapy. I had an inclination that was the case so I was suprised the doctor brought it up before I did. Like the only meat she will eat is turkey bacon which makes sense because of the cracker crunch texture :) We are going to work with her at home first and see how it goes trying different textures (like cotton ball, spongy, etc) on her tongue and mouth. Sounds fun right? :) If that doesn't work she can meet with an oral therapist (didn't even know there was such a thing!) But she's growing and keeping on track so that's great!
Growing Kids!






